Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: His second, my first

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

His second, my first

Advertisements
    Hey everyone, my name is Katie. I'm 18 years old and have been with the love of my life, a marine, for about half a year now. I'm somewhat new to this sort of life but I am extremely proud of him. He loves what he does, and I love his passion for what he does. Now, the inevitable is happening. He is being deployed at the end of June for six months to a year and I just don't know how "ok" I am going to be. I love him with everything in me and even though we both have busy lives, we both find little ways to communicate everyday. I don't know how I am going to go from that, to no communication for that long. My heart already aches just thinking about it. I'm glad I found this site because it would be great to connect with others who are going through what I am, and to know I'm not alone in this.
  2. Senior Member
    . I recommend you stay busy and there is no way to tell until he's over there what communication will be like. Although, most likely not daily
    Don't stress about it now enjoy the time you have till he goes and we are here for you when he's gone.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you so much. The little communication we get everyday is through phone because hes at a base a state away from me, but thats okay! I'm just cherishing the little amounts of time I do get to hear his voice and such.
  4. Senior Member
  5. Senior Member

He could probably send some emails or texts or something when he gets a chance there. It's unusual to have zero communication at all...
    Hang in there!
  6. Regular Member
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

My husband is a marine. We've been through tree deployments together. They're never easy, but you'll get into a routine and time will start going by faster. What type of deployment is he doing?

8. Senior Member
  9. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

My ex and I dated for about 2 years while he was in the Marines. The time leading up to a deployment or separation is the absolute WORST. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to think about it or waste time worrying especially as it hasn't happened yet. Focus on your time together because worry will only take away from your current happiness!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm in the same situation. I am recently married to my love and he leaves in March to go overseas for a year. I'm so nervous that I will be a mess while he is gone. I'm more or less looking for people that understand what I'm going through and can talk to.