Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

First deployment

Advertisements
    This is my first deployment with my SO, we met a year ago when he was stationed in Japan, and we recently moved in together in England. He got a call yesterday that he have to deploy in two weeks and I can't help it but i feel so sad and frustrated. I won't be able to see him for 8 months. Maybe a Skype call once in a while. I have my family and friends back in Norway, but I feel that they don't really understand what it's like. Because they are not in the same situation. We're not married yet, btw. So i'm not able to go on base without him, which is sad. Because the base have a lot to offer, with their support groups, arts and craft, etc. I'm just feeling lonely, because I haven't made any new connections here yet. So if you have any advice on how to get through this, please let me know. I guess I just need someone to talk to and know that i'm not alone in this. Thank you, i appreciate it a lot.
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

You are far from alone, sweetie. When my husband deployed a few years ago, I tried recipes, planned out his care packages, took up hobbies, planned for when he returned home.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Senior Member
    You're definitely not alone. Find a hobby you love and keep occupied.
  4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Hi viking. Mine is about to leave again here in a couple of weeks, I'd be more than happy to be your deployment buddy if you'd like. You're not alone.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Minx View Post
    You are far from alone, sweetie. When my husband deployed a few years ago, I tried recipes, planned out his care packages, took up hobbies, planned for when he returned home.
    I always wanted to know how to make Whoopie pies, I could start doing that. And his care packages, of course. I appreciate it, thank you again. It's good to know that i'm not alone.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post
    You're definitely not alone. Find a hobby you love and keep occupied.
    Noted!. will do, thank you.
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

Don't discount your family and friends just because they've never been through it. You may find that they're an excellent source of support and friendship during this separation from your SO! Keep busy and you'll find that the time will just fly by.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Hi viking. Mine is about to leave again here in a couple of weeks, I'd be more than happy to be your deployment buddy if you'd like. You're not alone.
    A deployment buddy sounds fantastic Where are you guys stationed at the moment?
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post

Don't discount your family and friends just because they've never been through it. You may find that they're an excellent source of support and friendship during this separation from your SO! Keep busy and you'll find that the time will just fly by.
    I won't, I talked to my friend about it earlier today. And they understand. I think i'm just seeking someone that is going through the same thing. But you're so right!. Thank you.
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I won't, I talked to my friend about it earlier today. And they understand. I think i'm just seeking someone that is going through the same thing. But you're so right!. Thank you.
    Oh of course, I know how that helps. When my ex was deployed, it was great to have someone to talk to who was going through the same thing at the same time. Here on the forum we have "during deployment (DD)" check-ins for those who are currently separated from their SO. You'd be more than welcome to post there too!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast