Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just not sure....

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Screwy Just not sure....

Advertisements
    I am not sure where to put this or what I am looking for.....

My DB has been preparing for deployment with training. I live about 12 hours away from where he is stationed. He's been from VA --> NC --> TX --> CO in a matter of weeks.

After he finished training in CO, he was supposed to come see me for a few days before having to go back to VA. But, the day before he was supposed to leave, I got a text message.... They were being flown out of Colorado and he couldn't give me any details. He would be back to Colorado before he deploys, but I wouldn't be able to get ahold of him and he would text me when he got a chance.

That was a month ago....he has been in the Army for 8 years and this is his first deployment, so I count myself greatful. I am just missing him. I am trying to find a sense of normalcy to comfort my mind. His deployment date is steadily approaching and I worry that I won't see him before then.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can expect? I have learned over the years not to expect anything, whenever we makes plans the Army has changed them. I know freaking out will not help me...I just miss his face and his voice.
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by breakawayfaith View Post

My DB has been preparing for deployment with training. I live about 12 hours away from where he is stationed. He's been from VA --> NC --> TX --> CO in a matter of weeks.

After he finished training in CO, he was supposed to come see me for a few days before having to go back to VA. But, the day before he was supposed to leave, I got a text message.... They were being flown out of Colorado and he couldn't give me any details. He would be back to Colorado before he deploys, but I wouldn't be able to get ahold of him and he would text me when he got a chance.

That was a month ago....he has been in the Army for 8 years and this is his first deployment, so I count myself greatful. I am just missing him. I am trying to find a sense of normalcy to comfort my mind. His deployment date is steadily approaching and I worry that I won't see him before then.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can expect? I have learned over the years not to expect anything, whenever we makes plans the Army has changed them. I know freaking out will not help me...I just miss his face and his voice.
    Unfortunately, with the military, you can't ever make solid plans. And if you do make plans, write them in pencil because chances are they'll change. When I was with my ex, we'd hoped to at least spend a few months together before his anticipated deployment in March of '14 but he actually ended up leaving in December '13 with very little notice.

I do hope you get to see him!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Unfortunately, with the military, you can't ever make solid plans. And if you do make plans, write them in pencil because chances are they'll change. When I was with my ex, we'd hoped to at least spend a few months together before his anticipated deployment in March of '14 but he actually ended up leaving in December '13 with very little notice.

I do hope you get to see him!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ugh, the military has ruined plenty of my plans too It sucks, it always sucks, but eventually you just get used to knowing that is a possibility.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breakawayfaith View Post

So he hasn't deployed yet and you haven't heard from him since that text message? Or am I reading that wrong?

If you haven't heard from him in a month, no, that's not normal.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm sorry that you are so frustrated with everything! That is really the hardest part in my eyes. If I were you I'd start making his deployment packages and get a jump on having things to send. It's hard when plans are made and then have to be moved,but stay positive I'm sure you'll hear something soon!