Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Boyfriend on deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Boyfriend on deployment

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,

I'm a Navy girlfriend and dealing with my first deployment with my boyfriend. It's recently started getting very hard and it would be great to have someone else to talk to who knows where I'm coming from. My friends try to help, but none of them are going through this, so they don't really know what to say or end up saying something that makes things worse. Anyway, any support would be welcome. This is all still so new to me.
  2. Senior Member
    to MSOS
    My DH (husband) and I were long distance for over a year at one point. Honestly staying busy really does help. Find a hobby that you love, set goals, and use his deployment to do things you love doing.
  3. Senior Member
    hello and welcome! I am going thru my first deployment as well. hang in there!
    feel free to message me or AIM if you need a buddy
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Bonjour! This is my first deployment as well. So you are not alone! I am not going to say it gets easier- you just learn how to deal with a whole new set of emotions and situations differently then everyone else not in similar situation.

I like Tofuface's quote :
    "Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

A new friend of mine got herself a deployment watch so that she always knows what time it is where her soldier is deployed. I think this is awesome idea.
  5. Regular Member
    First deployment here, too. First month is almost over. But each passing day is one day closer to seeing them. I had a non-military friend say to me awhile back that they didn't know how I could go a year without seeing my soldier. My response was that a year, in the grand scheme of life, is just a small fraction of time and it will be over before I even know it. I wish you luck and we're all here if you need to vent. I know I've mentioned this to a few people on here but not sure if I have to you or not. I have a deployment journal where I write my feelings out. My soldier will most likely never read it and that is the whole point of it. It's a way to vent my frustration, sadness, loneliness so that my communications with him are upbeat and positive.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hey and My boyfriend is Navy as well!
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

In the Same Boat (pun intended..haha.)

Hey girl. I am going through the same thing. My boyfriend just got flown out to his boat a few weeks ago and am still struggling to keep myself "busy" as people say. I would love to chat with you sometime and "compare notes." haha. You're right, though, it is hard talking to friends and family members who don't quite understand, but try to. Send me a message sometime and we can talk. Hope to hear from you soon.
  8. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Hi and welcome! My husband is deployed, you will find it comes in waves, the sadness. You'll kick butt then you crash. My best advice is to keep busy. If you have a hobby throw yourself into it, if not pick up something new. I've started cross stitching since my husband left a little over a week ago. I'm planning out Christmas presents now because I am doing a bunch of little ones. It's one day at a time, and every little accomplishment puts you that much closer to him being home.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

New to all this deployment

This is my first army deployment also in fact all this is new to me my boyfriend was just deployed around the first of last month so I have no idea how long he is going to be away in fact I have not met him face to face nor have we even kissed but it still don't make it any easier with him being away he is 7 hours ahead of me so not even sure how to react it has gotten to where it takes longer and longer to hear from him and our only way of communicating is by email. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
    Last edited by Brighteyes81; 10-07-2015 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Left out a word
  10. Senior Member
    I too am a Navy girlfriend going through my first deployment. It has been very emotional and rough at times. Mostly because we have a two year old who asks for her daddy a lot. But staying busy with my weight loss journey and our daughter has helped the time go by. Staying busy has been the best advice on have gotten from other MILSO's here. Thanks guys!
    <a href=http://floatingpaperhearts.blogspot.com target=_blank>http://floatingpaperhearts.blogspot.com</a>