Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Could Use a Friend During Deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Could Use a Friend During Deployment

Advertisements
    Hello everyone,

My husband and I were only married for three months when he deployed for about 6 months. For the first month, I was doing fine living in a house with just the dog, the fish and myself. However, the loneliness is starting to set in and I am struggling to find people to talk to for support, guidance and simply conversation. Talking to pets is not the same as talking to other humans. Which is why I am on here. Trying to connect with other humans in the world who have an idea of what I am going through and are willing to give me some guidance.
    Thanks!
  2. Regular Member
    Hi! Hang in there, it takes some getting use to. I find that hobbies help too.
  3. Senior Member
    See if the command has an FRG or other spouses group. It can help you meet people with similar experiences.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    I'm here if you need to talk. You can find me on aim too. My username is tofuface27 on aim
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Hello! I agree with seeing if the command has a support system you can join/attend. if not, this is a good place to start. I am in the same situation...my boyfriend is deployed (4th time) and other than the cat, I don't have much company either. My family doesn't live close and my friends (we do not live on a base because my BF is a reservist) have their own lives and families, and frankly, they just don't "get" it, how different it is to have our loved one deployed. It's not like he's on a business trip for a week...Keping busy is key...do some volunteering (I volunteer 2x a month at the local airport Military Courtesy room - it's like a USO but privately funded, not military funded) or take up a hobby. Make sure you are sending letters and care packages to your hubby, he'll appreciate them. I'm on the East coast (upstate NY). You are more than welcome to find me on Facebook (Cindy Kane) and "friend" me.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile deployment

Hello,

My fiance has been deployed to AF too. It's my first time experiencing the deployment and the loneliness that goes with it. I work and run my own practice however, despite my busy schedule I still feel the same loneliness as the rest of military spouses at the time of deployment. I'd love to chat and be your support friend at this time. Feel free to email me at docjt98@yahoo.com.

Best,
    Jen
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Nice message

Thank you for the nice message.
  8. Regular Member
    Hi! My DH is deployed too. Feel free to PM me as well Life can sometimes feel too quiet
  9. Regular Member
    I'd always be up to chat! Send me a message if you want!!!
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I have been through 8 deployments and I'm usually up late. I was pregnant during Bosnia. It was a while ago, but been there done that. message me