Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Deployment With My Marine

1. Regular Member

First Deployment With My Marine

Advertisements
    I am preparing to go through my first MEU deployment with my Marine. I am super excited for him because I know he is excited and anxious. I on the other hand am a little nervous. I have no idea what to expect nor does he since this is his first one. I have so many questions and I know it will be difficult to get answers from his FRO since we are not married yet. Thankfully I am at home with family so I am not completely alone, but its hard for them to relate to what I am going through no matter how hard they try. Things are very stressful and non stop for him due to al the pre deployment training and such Im hoping that someone on here can relate and give me a little advice as to what to expect. I would appreciate it more than you know!
  2. Regular Member
    Hello! I know exactly how you feel . My DB is currently deployed too and this is my first deployment let alone first military relationship. It was really hard in the beginning and then it got better very fast. You have came to a great place where everyone is going through the exact situation you're in. For expectations just know that you won't be able to talk to him as much as you want but when you do its the best feeling in the world!
  3. Regular Member
    Glad to know I am not alone! I am so ready for the day to finally get here so thats its one day closer to being over. Pretty sure pre deployment will be the death of me lol. Luckily I will be finishing up nursing school so I will for sure be distracted. Hopefully time will pass by a little quicker. I think I'm okay with not talking as much as I would want the work ups have prepared me a little for that but I'm sure it will be different when we are on complete opposite time zones. The unknown is def the scariest part of all.
  4. Senior Member
    Honestly the best advice I can give is stay busy. Keep yourself active and do things to keep your mind off of it. You'll have days where you'll be down, and that's ok, but just pick yourself back up and continue on. My DH is stationed overseas and we've been on different time zones for a while now. You'll adapt and find ways to communicate when you can. I was going through school when he first left and it was a huge distraction for me. Good luck and hang in there.
  5. Regular Member
    When will he be deploying? And where to?Yeah thats exactly what I thought but then it quickly changed once it was real but I mean the time goes by fast. And yes timezones are horrible . Part of the reason why my sleeping schedule is gone LOL
  6. Regular Member
    LoL I can't even count anymore the number of nights I have pulled all nighters.... I barely sleep as it is cause I am so stressed! He is deploying in Sept to the ME Iraq/Kuwait. Not to thrilled about that but things have calmed down a lot so I'm hoping it won't be that bad. What about your DB where is he deployed?? How much longer do you have to go?
  7. Regular Member
    Thank you so much!!!
  8. Regular Member
    Thats not so bad you still have a few more months until hes gone . Enjoy it while you can (: mine is in Australia right now he was originally in Japan tho . And he says a few weeks but it's like4 months so maybe hell be coming soon and surprising me
  9. Regular Member
    The waiting for it to get here sucks, in the mean time he is so busy. Ill see him in about a month so I'm excited for that! I would love to be in Australia! That would be amazing.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    You are not alone, my dear. I am currently undergoing the same thing. Contact me anytime for support or advice. I actually get my man back soon! I am so excited and the whole process was worth the wait. I know it will seem like forever, but try to keep yourself busy. The time pays off!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast