Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Brand New and Need Support

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Brand New and Need Support

Advertisements
    Hi all!
    I'm hoping to get some comfort from this site so here's my story.

I met my soldier going on 4 years now. I happened to move to his home town and I met him when he was home before his first deployment. From the first second I saw him I knew that I loved him and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I got to spend a wonderful 5 days with him and then he deployed. Calls were few and far between and letters came every week but over a few months the distance became too much for such a new relationship. We never had a title never officially dated at this point just tried being friends. He came home safe and we kept in contact through the years. I dated a few guys short term and he had a brief engagement with another girl. Deep down in the back of my mind I knew he had my heart.

This past Christmas he happened to come home and that was that. I couldn't deny my feelings for him anymore and we had a great week together. I met his family and everyone welcomed me with open arms, I never felt so comfortable in my life. Watching him leave again was a terrible feeling.....he was going back across the country to stay on base until his deployment. I decided to take off work for a week and I left to see him for a week where he was stationed. It was the best decision I ever made, I wasn't ready to say goodbye and we officially started dating when I was there.

He left the end of January and will be back the beginning of October. We are just over two months in!

Up until now I have been busy studying for my nursing boards and now they are finished and I'm going to be looking for a new job and moving by myself. I guess my biggest struggle is having people to talk to that know what this is like. I stay busy so that's not my problem but maybe I can improve on not waiting around by Skype and try to not drop everything. I want to talk to him every chance I can get but when he can't call it's almost depressing. I know he loves me and I know he doesn't want me to stop my life for this. Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this?

I love him with all of my heart and know that I want this to work and the promise of a future together is worth going through anything. We have celebrated my becoming a registered nurse and his promotion via skype! I trust him and believe we can make it through this. He tells me I'm strong for everything I've gone through to get where I am today but I'm hard on myself so it's hard to believe that it's true and I want to stay strong for him and for our relationship.

Just needing a little pick me up, all and any advice welcome!

Thanks Kate
  2. Regular Member

Welcome- you are in good hands here. Just keep busy and appreciate every moment. Deployments don't last forever and he will be back before you know it.
  3. Senior Member

Welcome to the forums. I agree with poster above me.. Keep busy! Set goals, begin a hobby, or stay busy with extra work/school. Time will fly by, and he will be back before you know it!