Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need Deployment Support

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Need Deployment Support

Advertisements
    I'm Mary, 23, living in Portland, OR. My new hubby and I got married in September and he deployed shortly after. Since I'm not living on a base and have no friends who are military wives, I'm having a tremendously hard time finding anyone to talk to who can relate. Essentially I'm looking for a new friend and someone who understands military/deployment life to mutually lean on. Message me if you want to know more. Thanks guys!
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I don't live on base either. It can def be tough finding someone who can just be there for you. Hang around here and get to know some of the other ladies- they can def be supportive.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    my fiancé is in Afghanistan, I am in Massachusetts...I am not on a base either & don't know any military wives or partners in my area. It has been such a challenge to be apart for so long. He has been gone since February. We were hoping he would come home this month, but they just extended their stay. I am having a really hard time dealing with the distance...it gets very lonely
  4. Senior Member
    His command like has an FRG (Family readiness Group) or some other spouses group. As him for the name of the command ombudsman, and get in contact with her. She can give you info about meetings and activities. If you want to meet other spouses going through the same thing, that's your best bet.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marykc831 View Post
    I'm Mary, 23, living in Portland, OR. My new hubby and I got married in September and he deployed shortly after. Since I'm not living on a base and have no friends who are military wives, I'm having a tremendously hard time finding anyone to talk to who can relate. Essentially I'm looking for a new friend and someone who understands military/deployment life to mutually lean on. Message me if you want to know more. Thanks guys!
    welcome to the forum! You're in the right place for advice and support!

The majority of my friends have no affiliation with the military. They might not know everything I'm talking about in regards to DH's job, but they're good listeners when I need someone to vent to... I hope you can find a good support system

Quote Originally Posted by trishgr19 View Post
    my fiancé is in Afghanistan, I am in Massachusetts...I am not on a base either & don't know any military wives or partners in my area. It has been such a challenge to be apart for so long. He has been gone since February. We were hoping he would come home this month, but they just extended their stay. I am having a really hard time dealing with the distance...it gets very lonely
    Hey there! You should introduce yourself in the newbies section.

I'm sorry your DH didn't get to come home this month

6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad

Hi everyone! I'm Jackie, 21, and my boyfriend just deployed this month. This is our first deployment together and I'm already at my wit's end. I would just like someone to talk to. None of my friends have a significant other or spouse in the military and have never even spent a day apart from their significant others, so no one can really relate to what I'm going through. We've spent our entire relationship across the country, and he finally came home for a month and a half on leave before deploying for 6-9 months. Any tips for coping and getting through this? I just really need a shoulder to lean on.
    Last edited by jaycakes; 11-26-2014 at 05:46 PM.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycakes View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm Jackie, 21, and my boyfriend just deployed this month. This is our first deployment together and I'm already at my wit's end. I would just like someone to talk to. None of my friends have a significant other or spouse in the military and have never even spent a day apart from their significant others, so no one can really relate to what I'm going through. We've spent our entire relationship across the country, and he finally came home for a month and a half on leave before deploying for 6-9 months. Any tips for coping and getting through this? I just really need a shoulder to lean on.
    Hi Jackie, I'm Toni. I'm more than a couple years older than you but my boyfriend also just deployed this month. I completely know what you are going through because this is our first deployment together as well. I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster at times. I had gotten used to the underways and then he finally came home for a full month and now he's gone again. When he does get back late summer 2015, the peace will only be short lived because in the fall we are moving to San Diego. At least during that time we will be moving together.
    Anyway, I just wanted to reach out because it sounds like we are in the same boat (lol pun intended. ok, ok bad joke). If you need anything or just someone to talk to, I'm definitely here.