Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Newbie with a deploying DB

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad Newbie with a deploying DB

Advertisements
    I'm new to this site, I joined hoping I might find some people who can relate to my situation and encourage me through this upcoming deployment. This is the first one and I have a million things just running through my mind right now. Can anyone share some tips with me on how not to worry all of the time and maybe some good care package ideas? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

-Lovely55
  2. Regular Member
    Hello and welcome! I am a newbie as well. This is our first deployment. What I have learned so far (he has been gone for about 3 weeks) is to stay busy, busy, busy. Keep your mind occupied and scroll through the threads on this page. There is a bunch of advice and some really nice people on here! Stay strong, you will get through it!
  3. Senior Member
    As far as care packages, it might depend on where he is deploying to. My former partner let me know after arrival what was needed/desired.
  4. Regular Member
    A lot of people send themed care packages. I've just been sending my boyfriend's favorite candy (except for chocolate), things like more deodorant and toothpaste, multivitamins because he doesn't get fruit or vegetables where he is, cookies, beef jerky, anything you can think of to remind him of home. I sent DB a bag of the little gain laundry detergent pods because he said the smell of our laundry detergent reminds him of home. I've also added in cards and letters. I've sent fruit strips and those little smoothie pouch things that are meant for kids since that's the closet he can get to fruit. I've also sent silly stuff like pokemon cards and legos.

Pretty much just walk around Target and you'll see tons of things you can send - anything that will cheer him up a little or bring him some comfort.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'm in the same boat as you. As hard as it is, know that you can get through it!