Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Second deployment blues

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Second deployment blues

Advertisements
    I met my DB right before his first deployment so that one was a getting to know you phase. We have been together for a year now and he left on his second in May and will be gone for a year. Where he is isn't a combat zone so I'm not too worried about safety but the communication is really bad. The internet service is so poor we can't skype. He's only been able to use the computers at work and we fb message a little and I get one 15 min phone call almost every two weeks. Before he was deployed we lived together and spent a lot of time together so the lack of communication is making me feel really distant from him emotionally. I try to occupy my time but whenever I don't have something going on I think about him constantly. I wish we could talk more and he could call me more but he says work has been keeping him super busy. I'm just frustrated and venting. Thanks ladies for listening.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My Husband is getting ready to leave for his 2nd deployment. I have no friends or family where we are so I will be completely by myself. The communication thing does really suck. When he was deployed the first time, we tried to talk as much as we could but there were times I wouldn't hear from him for 2 or 3 weeks. I know how you feel. You feel like a part of you is missing every time a few days goes by without hearing his voice. Even though you know he's okay, just hearing him talk makes you feel like that part of you is right back there with you. You just have to try and keep yourself busy. I plan on getting super fit. I'm calling it Operation: Sexy for my Soldier. Ha ha! I also plan on redecorating the house and making some type of military related crafts. Anything to keep me busy. The key is to be so busy that the time in between conversations doesn't seem so long. Hope this helps to make you feel better!
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks so much with all the advice! Our communication got a little better when he was able to switch to daytime shifts but now he is gone for a training for 2 weeks and I doubt there will be any way for him to communicate where he's at. I really like the operation get sexy for your soilder idea... I have been trying to lose weight so I will be working out more. I have picked up some DIY projects so I will be working on those in the mean time!!!