Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Helplessly Lost

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Helplessly Lost

Advertisements
    My SO was deployed a few months ago, and now more than ever I am starting to feel the weight of his deployment. This is my first experience with one...I'm not sure how to pre-occupy myself, so as not to give myself anxiety or panic attacks. Although, we are able to communicate frequently, I still find myself failing to keep myself together, none of my friends or family know how to help ease the hurt.

I seem to spend many a night crying myself to (unrestful) sleep. Is there anything that I can do to help elevate some of this?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by lady_lib3rty View Post
    My SO was deployed a few months ago, and now more than ever I am starting to feel the weight of his deployment. This is my first experience with one...I'm not sure how to pre-occupy myself, so as not to give myself anxiety or panic attacks. Although, we are able to communicate frequently, I still find myself failing to keep myself together, none of my friends or family know how to help ease the hurt.

I seem to spend many a night crying myself to (unrestful) sleep. Is there anything that I can do to help elevate some of this?
    Hi, and welcome. I suppose my advice would depend on how serious this is - when you say you are giving yourself anxiety and panic attacks is that just your way of saying you feel upset or are you truly having anxiety/panic attacks? I only ask as it is a term that many people over/mis-use these days. Are you crying yourself to sleep every night or once a week? Again, frequency really does matter because it will help to gauge just what sort of impact this is having on your ability to carry on with your daily life and may be the matter between offering some simple "self-help" ideas or the need to consider having the help of a third party (counseling) to help you strengthen your coping skills and build your tool box to empower yourself to get through this.