Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is this true

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Is this true

Advertisements
    So word on the street is that our deployed S.O.'s will be coming home early from deployment since they are pulling out of Afghanistan. Does anyone know of this to be true or is it just rumor? This is from the AF that is. It supposedly came down from the commander.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJen33 View Post
    So word on the street is that our deployed S.O.'s will be coming home early from deployment since they are pulling out of Afghanistan. Does anyone know of this to be true or is it just rumor? This is from the AF that is. It supposedly came down from the commander.
    General rule of thumb - it is all gossip (no matter how official the supposed source) until/unless it happens.
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I don't believe anything until I see the whites of dh's eyes and smell the stink of travel.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Considering I have friends who are still scheduled to leave on deployment by the end of the year, I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone being sent home early.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Oh im not getting excited over anything, in fact im prepared for DB to stay longer, just wanted to see if anyone else had heard the same thing or it has happened
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Probably not.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Do not believe any gossip you hear. Until you get a call from (well, army it's the FRG leader or the FRL not sure about AF) whoever saying he is on X flight, homecoming is at X time, don't believe anything. It will spare you some stress.

8. Senior Member
    There is no way this can be true as a blanket statement. Some may come home sooner, some may stay longer. Never pay any attention at all to "word on the street". If it comes from your SO, you can start to give it some consideration, but even then, things can change.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJen33 View Post
    Oh im not getting excited over anything, in fact im prepared for DB to stay longer, just wanted to see if anyone else had heard the same thing or it has happened
    You will hear this same thing pretty much anytime there is any sort of change in an area where people are currently deployed - people see something changing and ASSume that it means x,y, or z and then start spreading it around like fact.