Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Deployments SUCK!!!!!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Deployments SUCK!!!!!!

Advertisements
    My S/o comes home in July for a 2 week visit then goes back for 6 months. Got 6 and half more weeks. Its just getting harder to talk to each other lately and the longer we don't talk seems like the harder it gets on me. My emotions are always up and down and trying to stay busy but when I am not staying busy I get so sad and my friends they don't understand. Any tips on what helps and things I would love.
  2. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
    I know exactly what you're feeling. What has helped me is working out (zumba, yoga, kickboxing) anything new and something that lets out any negative energy. Praying & having plans with family/friends when I know I will have a lot of time in my hands. I always do chessy stuff with him (skype date nights, care packages to one another, I am even starting to plan his welcome home party, my outfit etc. He is not due back until Oct. (but it helps me)
    I hope I was some type help.
    Take care.
    salaam alaykum
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah deployment sucks, and even future ones never get easier. Im in nursing school and I totally thought that would pre-occupy my mind. NOPE! Still find myself balling on the couch with my dog over any minuscule sappy moments on TV. Wishing I could go on those nice dates and wishing I could have my husband be here. lol I feel, for me, its better to detach myself completely than constantly be involved in trying to communicate with him. SO I do my thing and if he face times or skypes then awesome. It gets hard when Im home, alone, with nothing to do, but the key is to stay busy. Do all you can do. It goes by fast looking back at it. But looking ahead goes so slow. Best of luck.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi Marie. I'm going through exactly the same situation and emotional rollercoaster as you. My friends don't understand either. Are you doing better lately? If so, what have you found helpful?
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'm going to the same thing. He had R&R in the beginning so once it got a little difficult he was home again but now we have to go longer without seeing each other. Everyone tells me to stay busy and I try but it is hard. I agree Deployment sucks big time. Something that has kind of helped me is setting little goals along the way to look forward to.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yes deployment does suck I agree 100%. Like the other ladies said try and stay busy. You need to find some activities that you enjoy doing because your soldier would not want you being sad all the time. Life must still go on. I am a newbie to the military lifestyle but I am glad that I have found this site so I can connect with other spouses who are going through the same thing. Stay encouraged and be encouraged!
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    for me, it helped to remember that he's missing me just as much as I'm missing him. I am doing my best to keep busy, especially in these last final weeks of deployment. It will go by faster the more you do so keep busy with work/friends/hobbies/exercise.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie_Nikki22 View Post
    My S/o comes home in July for a 2 week visit then goes back for 6 months. Got 6 and half more weeks. Its just getting harder to talk to each other lately and the longer we don't talk seems like the harder it gets on me. My emotions are always up and down and trying to stay busy but when I am not staying busy I get so sad and my friends they don't understand. Any tips on what helps and things I would love.
    I don't have any tips since we haven't gone through a deployment yet, but I know our time is coming. Hang in there though because there are many here who do understand what you are going through. Most people don't have to deal with deployments so it is hard for them to understand, but you definitely came to the right place for a shoulder to cry on and for support. Keep your head up and focus on the positive. Focus on getting through the next six weeks. You will both change, but that can make your relationship much better in the long run if you keep the right attitude.