Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ?How in the Hell, did I fall in Love with a Man in the Military!?! 😟

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

?How in the Hell, did I fall in Love with a Man in the Military!?! 😟

Advertisements
    I find myself, asking myself that question over & over again, but always come to the conclusion that it was not by choice I fell in love with my SO.. But, by him being the loving person he is that I fell in love with. At times I still don't understand how I let it happen, knowing I probably will only see him no more than 30 days or less out the year & want get to talk to him often at all. I'm new to this life! but this is crazy, how one can have no control over who they fall in love with. Who does this? Why? But hey my heart choose my SO & I trust it. Any one find themselves feeling like this some days?? I guess I'm having one of my days lol missing my SO
  2. Senior Member
    Hey makes two of us. I'm having a lousy day..

But I still wouldn't trade this love for anything. Even if it's frustrating as living hell sometimes.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Hey makes two of us. I'm having a lousy day..

But I still wouldn't trade this love for anything. Even if it's frustrating as living hell sometimes.
    I Agree... I love my SO with all in Me. Just hate when I'm having days like this.
  4. Preparing for Deployment #2
    Preparing for Deployment #2

Love

I'm havin a day too! We can all have a bad day together!!!! Tomorrow will be better... I hate days and weeks he's off the grid but he's soo worth it...
  5. Senior Member
    I feel like this at times too, but for me it's a combination of a LDR and the military. It's a double edged sword for me, because he has to come up north for his weekend military duty but I only get to be with him the Friday before and the Sunday night after. And I've been through a deployment with my previous partner, so I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time Most of the time I do pretty good, but right now I miss him so much it hurts. There's a thunderstorm here and it's bringing back memories of when we sat out on the back porch one night watching a very intense one and he held me in his arms while we watched natures light show. I know I probably sound like a weirdo for finding that entertaining but he loves me anyway
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    I feel like this at times too, but for me it's a combination of a LDR and the military. It's a double edged sword for me, because he has to come up north for his weekend military duty but I only get to be with him the Friday before and the Sunday night after. And I've been through a deployment with my previous partner, so I guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time Most of the time I do pretty good, but right now I miss him so much it hurts. There's a thunderstorm here and it's bringing back memories of when we sat out on the back porch one night watching a very intense one and he held me in his arms while we watched natures light show. I know I probably sound like a weirdo for finding that entertaining but he loves me anyway
    DB and I love to watch thunderstorms too.

Op, ss for falling in love, you can't tell your heart what to do. We met five months before DB was deployed. He told me about it on our second date. We both decided to enjoy each other's company and never expected to fall in love before he left. I wouldn't change falling in love with him, but would never have planned it this way either.

Hope you are all having better days.