Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Deployment blues...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Deployment blues...

Advertisements
    Hi everyone!!! How is everyone doing today? I am very tired... I had a migraine all day yesterday and feeling the residual effects today. So, I am in a new relationship- we met two days before he left on deployment. The cool thing is that we've been able to text everyday. I think that we only went about 30 hours one day without being able to communicate. He is such an amazing guy! I really love and care for him. One of the hardest things I struggle with is all of the unknowns. I am so used to being able to plan and organize every single detail of my day. Well, that and the missing him so much. It breaks my heart when he tells me that he misses me dearly, or can't wait to hold me... It's tough. I try to keep things positive and happy, even though my heart is twisted and sad. I think that I am really going to enjoy being on this site- it feels good to get things out that I don't really feel the need to tell him- only because I don't want to bring him down.
  2. Preparing for Deployment #2
    Preparing for Deployment #2
    It will get better! Just know that this deployment is temporary.... On one deployment I sent a care package a week for the whole deployment... I filled my extra time with shopping for him and doing theme cars packages... I found that shopping for him made me feel closer to him.... HAng in there... I'm here if you need to vent...
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello Hang in there...

Thank you for reminding me that deployments are temporary!! It may sound strange, but I feel like this deployment has gone on forever!! And I also think that I have a lot of learning to do with regard to deployments. He is used to them, this is my first one. While we are able to text everyday, it's not the same as speaking on the phone. Plus, our relationship is so new- I think if we had time to be involved before he left, maybe I would know what to expect. Thank you again!!- Jennifer
  4. Preparing for Deployment #2
    Preparing for Deployment #2
    It took me a while to get adjusted... But every deployment is different so eventho I've been through them each one is like a first.... Have a great Friday... PM me if you feel like chatting or need anything..
  5. Regular Member
    I feel your pain. I got married a little over a month ago and my husband just deployed a few days ago for a year. It's been so hard being a newlywed all on my own. My advice is try to keep yourself busy. I'm trying to get a part time job while he's gone and I'm looking into some volunteer opportunities too. Pretty much anything to fill my time with because it's the moments when I'm at home with nothing to do that the sadness creeps in. Good luck, stay strong!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He left last week, we said our goodbye over Skype (me and our 20 month old). The day after I stayed home from work but did not cry or feel sad. Thought I was doing good until I stopped really eating this week and those around me who love me keep saying to me they know why! I have only gotten a few scattered and short emails since he left. I am so so sad right now and trying to hold it together. This is deployment # 4 but only the first that we have been a strong committed couple. I am sending the care package tomorrow. I spent the weeks before he left buying things for him, made me feel like I was doing something good for him. I just need to talk to people who understand what is going on. No one around me really gets it!