Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what's going on with DF!??!

1. Regular Member

Don't know what's going on with DF!??!

Advertisements
    Ok so I consider myself fairly new to the Army life even though I've been with DF for 2 years already so I'm going to put this situation out there to you ladies and see if you can help me figure it out. DF is more than halfway thru his deployment and the last couple of weeks have been extremely difficult for him. He was banged up in an explosion and was pulling 5 day patrols with only 1-2 days in between. So he hasn't been himself and I can tell he's burnt out. He constantly tells me he hates that place and wants to go home but is extremely loyal to what he does. I admire him but I guess everyone has "last straw" moments. The reason I say that is because last week he told me briefly of an incident with "one of his own" in which he made a threat and loaded his weapon against another soldier. I didn't get any details but he told me he was going to "medical combat stress". I have no idea what that is. Can someone share some light??

So the next day he tells me he spent the night there. And he couldn't call me bc he was being accompanied by his platoon sergeant.

Now it's been a week since I've heard anything and my iMessages aren't going thru and neither are his sister's...could they have sent him home to Germany bc of the incident? I'm guessing they did and he knew they were going to and he didn't tell me to surprise me...I just don't know. But is that grounds to send a soldier home? I would think so but am not sure how Army handles these types of situations...I'm so worried about him I really hope he's ok emotionally and mentally...as much as he wants to go home I know he will be disappointed to be leaving his guys behind.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysgirrl View Post
    Ok so I consider myself fairly new to the Army life even though I've been with DF for 2 years already so I'm going to put this situation out there to you ladies and see if you can help me figure it out. DF is more than halfway thru his deployment and the last couple of weeks have been extremely difficult for him. He was banged up in an explosion and was pulling 5 day patrols with only 1-2 days in between. So he hasn't been himself and I can tell he's burnt out. He constantly tells me he hates that place and wants to go home but is extremely loyal to what he does. I admire him but I guess everyone has "last straw" moments. The reason I say that is because last week he told me briefly of an incident with "one of his own" in which he made a threat and loaded his weapon against another soldier. I didn't get any details but he told me he was going to "medical combat stress". I have no idea what that is. Can someone share some light??

So the next day he tells me he spent the night there. And he couldn't call me bc he was being accompanied by his platoon sergeant.

Now it's been a week since I've heard anything and my iMessages aren't going thru and neither are his sister's...could they have sent him home to Germany bc of the incident? I'm guessing they did and he knew they were going to and he didn't tell me to surprise me...I just don't know. But is that grounds to send a soldier home? I would think so but am not sure how Army handles these types of situations...I'm so worried about him I really hope he's ok emotionally and mentally...as much as he wants to go home I know he will be disappointed to be leaving his guys behind.
    -- IF the situation were serious enough to warrant such action I'm not sure surprising you would be on his mind.
  3. Senior Member
    I would assume they'd remove him from the stressful environment, yes. But I don't know for sure. Can you email him?

I'm sure he's ok. Hopefully you hear from him soon.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I don't have experience or knowledge of that term in particular, but the situation absolutely sounds like grounds for drastic measures that could limit his ability to communicate with you.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    -- IF the situation were serious enough to warrant such action I'm not sure surprising you would be on his mind.
    As serious as the situation is, he was texting me letting me know what was going on, which is why I say he would've told me that they were sending him home. Except this was an issue that came up between us in the past bc he was experiencing some depression and was having nightmares again (he has PTSD) and I was worried and told him to go to mental health. I told him maybe it was time to come home bc if the way he was feeling could interfere with his job, then it makes him unsafe and the others around him unsafe as well. He said no that he would be ok, he's dealt with this before and he can't leave his guys. He told me I could never understand but that if he went home and something happened to one of his guys, he could never forgive himself. I told him I admire his dedication to his platoon.

But at the same time he's planning something bc he doesn't want to tell me when I'm going to see him. He said he wants it to be a surprise…I know he has my ring and wants to propose…IDK maybe I'm just trying not to worry that I haven't heard from him...
  6. Moderator

As serious as the situation is, he was texting me letting me know what was going on, which is why I say he would've told me that they were sending him home. Except this was an issue that came up between us in the past bc he was experiencing some depression and was having nightmares again (he has PTSD) and I was worried and told him to go to mental health. I told him maybe it was time to come home bc if the way he was feeling could interfere with his job, then it makes him unsafe and the others around him unsafe as well. He said no that he would be ok, he's dealt with this before and he can't leave his guys. He told me I could never understand but that if he went home and something happened to one of his guys, he could never forgive himself. I told him I admire his dedication to his platoon.

But at the same time he's planning something bc he doesn't want to tell me when I'm going to see him. He said he wants it to be a surprise…I know he has my ring and wants to propose…IDK maybe I'm just trying not to worry that I haven't heard from him...
    How is he in a position to just say when he is ready to come home?

And pulling a gun on a fellow service member is pretty serious.
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If he drew his weapon on a fellow soldier (I am reading that right?) I'm not surprised they had an NCO with him. Safety comes first and they have to protect the soldiers that are there, especially if someone's already been violent towards them. That sounds pretty standard to me. And an action like that would be taken extremely seriously, I don't want to worry you but that's not normal "last straw" behavior that "everyone" does.

There are really a lot of ways that the situation could be handled, depending on the exact circumstances of what happened, how the commander feels about it, etc. I suppose it is possible he has some kind of surprise in mind, but also possible he doesn't know yet what the reaction will be. They may just keep him under supervision, to keep everyone else safe, until they decide what course to take, and it is possible his communication will be limited.
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    How is he in a position to just say when he is ready to come home?

And pulling a gun on a fellow service member is pretty serious.
    To clarify, I never said he was in a position to say when he can come home but as he explained it to me, if they knew how he was feeling, depressed, not sleeping well and having nightmares he would be required to go to mental health which could result in them sending him home for safety reasons. But he said he could handle it and he always has. IDK what happened when he loaded his weapon, he didn't say he pulled it on anyone.

Plus I'm puzzled that the messages to his phone aren't going through. We don't communicate via email, just not how we've ever communicated. We just call, text or Skype, FaceTime when it works. Limited comms I can understand but not no comms at all.
  9. Moderator

he told me briefly of an incident with "one of his own" in which he made a threat and loaded his weapon against another soldier.
    I thought that meant he had it on a fellow solider. Either way, a threat with a loaded weapon against someone is no good. I doubt he is on his way home to surprise you. I would think this would face some consequences.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    If he was the one who drew a weapon on a fellow soldier I wouldn't count on him showing up at your doorstep to surprise you. And I doubt the reason his sisters iMessages aren't going through are because they are flying his family out to Germany. Have you tried calling her? This is some serious shit and he is going to face some serious consequences. I would venture to bet that the reason he can't contact you is because he is being held in a place where he doesn't have access to such luxuries as wifi to iMessage you.
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast