Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not sure what to do

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Not sure what to do

Advertisements
    Meet a 43 year old Navy guy, we went on 4 dates and really hit it off well. However, he told me that he was getting deployed in 2 weeks for 4 months. We did not get a chance to discuss what would happen when he return because of his busy schedule prior to leaving. Should I continue to date or wait on him? I will not want to get involved with anyone else only to find out he wanted to continue where we left off. We have not been intermit or never kissed for respect reasons on my part., just all good night hugs. He did mention on one of the dates that he don't tolerate cheating. I'm not sure if he is saying we are in a relationship and this is something he don't put up with or if we get into a relationship this is what he don't put up with? I don't know where we stand but I really like him. I don't know his exact return date he just said he will be gone 4 months and that was all the information he gave me so I will have to wait until he call me. What should I do?
  2. Senior Member

If he hasn't already left yet (pay attention to opsec, you cannot post actual dates online), talk to him. Ask for his email address so your not just sitting around wondering.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by ct5qsu45 View Post
    Meet a 43 year old Navy guy, we went on 4 dates and really hit it off well. However, he told me that he was getting deployed in 2 weeks for 4 months. We did not get a chance to discuss what would happen when he return because of his busy schedule prior to leaving. Should I continue to date or wait on him? I will not want to get involved with anyone else only to find out he wanted to continue where we left off. We have not been intermit or never kissed for respect reasons on my part., just all good night hugs. He did mention on one of the dates that he don't tolerate cheating. I'm not sure if he is saying we are in a relationship and this is something he don't put up with or if we get into a relationship this is what he don't put up with? I don't know where we stand but I really like him. I don't know his exact return date he just said he will be gone 4 months and that was all the information he gave me so I will have to wait until he call me. What should I do?
    Well, the only thing I can suggest is that you communicate with your manfriend and ask HIM where he sees the two of you and what he wants to do moving forward.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Well, the only thing I can suggest is that you communicate with your manfriend and ask HIM where he sees the two of you and what he wants to do moving forward.

Goodluck!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    only he can answer your questions. Different people react differently to deployments. Good luck and I hope that you guys figure it out.
  6. Senior Member
    Ask him.

If he didn't give you any way to contact him while he's away (Skype name, ship's email, or whatever applies to his situation), then I think you have your answer about how serious he is. If he did give you that, then ask him if you guys are exclusive, what he wants when he gets home, etc.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He lefted back in July.......
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ct5qsu45 View Post
    He lefted back in July.......
    You've heard nothing since July?? Did he leave you with any way to get in touch with him?

9. Banned
    Banned
    So he said he'd be gone for 4 months, he left in July, which means he will be back this month, and you haven't heard a thing from him since July? I honestly wouldn't hold my breath. And if he returns and expects you to just flock to him I would really rethink it because if he truly had any interest in you, there's no way he would have gone (or wanted to) 4 months without any sort of contact. And also don't fall for the "there was no way for me to contact you, or for you to contact me" because that doesn't happen. They at least have an email address or physical address.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    So he said he'd be gone for 4 months, he left in July, which means he will be back this month, and you haven't heard a thing from him since July? I honestly wouldn't hold my breath. And if he returns and expects you to just flock to him I would really rethink it because if he truly had any interest in you, there's no way he would have gone (or wanted to) 4 months without any sort of contact. And also don't fall for the "there was no way for me to contact you, or for you to contact me" because that doesn't happen. They at least have an email address or physical address.
    If it's been that long and he left you with no means of communication then I wouldn't hold my breath.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast