Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: January 2014

1. Senior Member

January 2014

Advertisements
    Welp, who'e with me?

This is relatively short notice for us, because until last week, DH was getting out in December. Yeah....... slight change of plans.

On the plus side, it should be relatively short (though we don't actually know the specifics, because he doesn't transfer commands until the end of December...)
    But it's still a deployment, and comes with the usual deployment suckiness

Though, I did start a pinterest board of care package ideas, and am pretty excited about a couple of them
    Care Packages

Also, yay for 5 years in a row apart on my birthday, and 3 for 3 anniversaries apart

2. Senior Member
    I'm right there with you. DF leaves in January as well.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I'm in the same boat... DB leaves in early 2014 (that's what they're saying "officially" but it's most likely Feb 2014). I'm pretty new to this too... first time deployment.
  4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KatieNash View Post
    I'm in the same boat... DB leaves in early 2014 (that's what they're saying "officially" but it's most likely Feb 2014). I'm pretty new to this too... first time deployment.
    Deployments aren't that bad. It's the anticipation leading up to deployment that's the worst in my opinion.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieNash View Post
    This is our first deployment as well.
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I've worked really hard avoiding this forum, but I'm here too.

I am, as of right now, I'm doing better than I expected. We've both gotten the last 2 weeks of December off work and will be going to Michigan and Texas for the holidays and by the time we get back, it will just about be here.

It really kind of hit me when DH and I were talking about the Christmas tree. Why put it up? We will only be home the first half of December and then I have to take it down by myself after he leaves.

This will be our second deployment. I must say I feel so much more prepared this time around than last time. We are also very fortunate to spend the holidays together. Last deployment we missed my birthday (by 10 days), his birthday, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, and V-day. That was rough. This one we're missing our V-day (which isn't a super huge deal to me) and our 4th wedding annie in March, that's is it. I feel like that will make things a tiny bit easier not missing so much. I'm also working this time around, which I think will help tremendously.

7. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

OP, I was looking at your board and those boxes are super cute. DH was looking over my shoulder and just about died laughing at the deployment blows one.
  8. Senior Member

Well... DH's orders were cancelled... We don't yet know when his new ship deploys...

9. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    Well... DH's orders were cancelled... We don't yet know when his new ship deploys...
    Hope fully not soon, but I understand that the not knowing is hard.
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Leaving for 9 months It's his first and mine as well. We were already LD and have only been together a month (but serious from the start). It sucks terribly, the anxiety of him going is killing me. Luckily he is not going to Iraq or Afghanistan (which gives me relief) but I still can't believe it...9 months??! Currently I'm abroad visiting family so I can't send him off (maybe that's best, because I'd be really emotional). I know the first part is going to be the hardest, but I just don't know what I'm going to do while he is gone. I'm job hunting and live alone, and feel like I could definitely have a rough time with it. I knew dating a Marine wasn't going to be easy, but man...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast