Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October/November?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries

October/November?

Advertisements
    Really looking hard for anyone else who has a significant other deployed, or deploying around this time. Mine left yesterday and desperately hoping I'm not alone.
  2. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Hey! I would love to be your deployment buddy. My DH left a few weeks ago.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Yes please! I just joined yesterday so I'm still trying to figure out this dang site and what all of the abbreviations stand for. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hey, DH is flying back to Virginia to out-process in a week, so we'll be mini-geobaching for a little while until he deploys. It's uncertain when he'll go, so we didn't want to wait any longer to get Aubs and I out here.

I'm completely dreading him leaving. Like, I haven't found a positive other than now I can watch Doctor Who. Dreading.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries

Hang in there

I know the feeling! The month before he left was such an emotional roller coaster. He wasn't sure on the exact date that he left until 2 days before he left and the date changed at least 3 or 4 times the same month. I can tell you one thing, nothing prepares you for it. Just spend every second with him and don't waste time on being mad or irritated with him. By the time our last weekend together rolled around, I was so afraid to sleep, thinking it would be 7-8 hours of wasted time just being with him. Message me anytime I'm fresh into all of this, so I know the feels.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Hey, DH is flying back to Virginia to out-process in a week, so we'll be mini-geobaching for a little while until he deploys. It's uncertain when he'll go, so we didn't want to wait any longer to get Aubs and I out here.

I'm completely dreading him leaving. Like, I haven't found a positive other than now I can watch Doctor Who. Dreading.

I know the feeling! The month before he left was such an emotional roller coaster. He wasn't sure on the exact date that he left until 2 days before he left and the date changed at least 3 or 4 times the same month. I can tell you one thing, nothing prepares you for it. Just spend every second with him and don't waste time on being mad or irritated with him. By the time our last weekend together rolled around, I was so afraid to sleep, thinking it would be 7-8 hours of wasted time just being with him. Message me anytime I'm fresh into all of this, so I know the feels.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by scavo13 View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it This is our second in two years, so we're a little exhausted, but it's going to be super short (only a few months), so it's not too bad! Should be our last for several years, so that part rocks. Just trying to focus on the positives and keep moving. DH took leave for two and a half weeks to help us move out here (DD and I are staying with my Mom out in Colorado for the deployment instead of Virginia where DH is stationed and where we've been living for the last couple of years), so we're getting to skip the whole work complication while he's here with us, which is awesome. We're getting to just spend time together as a family, unpack/prepare (boo hiss, this part is no fun lol), and spend time together as a couple one-on-one (free babysitting by my Mom-- wahoo!).
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

8. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries

aw hang in there
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I appreciate it This is our second in two years, so we're a little exhausted, but it's going to be super short (only a few months), so it's not too bad! Should be our last for several years, so that part rocks. Just trying to focus on the positives and keep moving. DH took leave for two and a half weeks to help us move out here (DD and I are staying with my Mom out in Colorado for the deployment instead of Virginia where DH is stationed and where we've been living for the last couple of years), so we're getting to skip the whole work complication while he's here with us, which is awesome. We're getting to just spend time together as a family, unpack/prepare (boo hiss, this part is no fun lol), and spend time together as a couple one-on-one (free babysitting by my Mom-- wahoo!).
    Oops you know way more than I do. I always feel so unworthy of posting advice when I'm literally only 3 days into my first deployment. It's honestly awesome to hear he won't be one for too long, it's always nice to hear of someone getting their deserved homecoming. It seems as if my DB left ages ago, I really hope it goes by fast. When I read Colorado my eyes literally bulged. I'm originally from Colorado. Talk about small world yep that one on one time is amazing. Its always too bad when it doesn't happen that often. I don't have any children, but I can never seem to get away from his friends/roommates and mine as well. So we share most of our time together with everyone else.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am a newbie as well, this site has so much stuff its a little overwhelming. I went straight to the deployment forum because my husband just recently left too! He shipped out in October and will be gone for 6 months. This is our first deployment and we are newly weds as well!

Have you figured out what the DH stands for yet?! Cant figure it out!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast