Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: A/F girlfriend and oh so new to deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused A/F girlfriend and oh so new to deployment

Advertisements
    So I met the man of my dreams 1/2 weeks before he was supposed to deploy for around 4-5 months. we spent every second we had together in that time and then I had to take him to the airport Its only been 2 weeks that he has been gone and I feel like climbing the walls. I do get to talk to him and text through an app called Tango so I am beyond grateful for that but I don't know whats normal and what to expect being on this side of things. I know its a new relationship but sometimes when you just connect it doesn't matter. we say all the time that it feels like we have always been together and he is the most amazing man I have ever met... That being said I only met a few of his friends once and don't really know many people in my area since I moved here about 6 months ago.... I don't know whats normal and what things I shouldn't say or should say... I am so confused an lonely and not sure how to make him feel better about leaving me. He keeps saying he feels so bad and he is worried about how I will cope with this. he knows I am not going anywhere and nothing will change that but now I feel bad! I don't know what to expect!!! please help!
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    supposed to say met him 1 and a half weeks...
  3. Senior Member
    Okay, the best thing is to keep busy, take up a hobby. Welcome by the way!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    but what do I keep busy with?! lol I work a full time job but when the down time starts I automatically think of him lol when the kids go to bed it gets the hardest lol... I feel like I am always saying the wrong things and making him worry more... what should I not be telling him? I know were supposed to stay strong and keep a brave face but damn its not easy lol and thank you btw
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorns View Post
    So I met the man of my dreams 1/2 weeks before he was supposed to deploy for around 4-5 months. we spent every second we had together in that time and then I had to take him to the airport Its only been 2 weeks that he has been gone and I feel like climbing the walls. I do get to talk to him and text through an app called Tango so I am beyond grateful for that but I don't know whats normal and what to expect being on this side of things. I know its a new relationship but sometimes when you just connect it doesn't matter. we say all the time that it feels like we have always been together and he is the most amazing man I have ever met... That being said I only met a few of his friends once and don't really know many people in my area since I moved here about 6 months ago.... I don't know whats normal and what things I shouldn't say or should say... I am so confused an lonely and not sure how to make him feel better about leaving me. He keeps saying he feels so bad and he is worried about how I will cope with this. he knows I am not going anywhere and nothing will change that but now I feel bad! I don't know what to expect!!! please help!
    but what do I keep busy with?! lol I work a full time job but when the down time starts I automatically think of him lol when the kids go to bed it gets the hardest lol... I feel like I am always saying the wrong things and making him worry more... what should I not be telling him? I know were supposed to stay strong and keep a brave face but damn its not easy lol and thank you btw
    supposed to say met him 1 and a half weeks...
    - Hope you'll pop into the Newbies forum and post an intro so we can all start to get to know you.
    This is such a very new relationship - what did you do with your time three and a half weeks ago (before you met him)? I am in no way discounting the reltionship, but only saying that presumably you had a full life before you met him - especially with factoring in that you have children - so the things that you had that filled your days before you met him can fill your days now.