Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: December 2013

1. Senior Member

December 2013

Advertisements
    Hey guys! So my DB is deploying in december. I'm already bumming. I have dealt with deployments in the past (prior marriage) and I handled it well. However, this relationship is far different - and I know I will have a harder time with it.

Anyways, who else has an SO deploying in december?

Also, anyone have any sweet care package ideas for christmas?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i have no advice but want to offer bunches of hugs you can do this lady! you're awesome and yall will survive this
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post
    i have no advice but want to offer bunches of hugs you can do this lady! you're awesome and yall will survive this
    Thank you! I know we will be a-okay, it's just hard. Atleast it's his last deployment before he gets out of the AF!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DF is deployed. I think I saw in the cp pics thread a really sweet cp that Hope made for her DH that had a mini x'mas tree in it, lit up cause of lights, & mini 'presents'. I need to plan DF's x'mas cp too.
    "You think you know what you're looking for, till what you're looking for finds you."
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedreamery View Post
    DF is deployed. I think I saw in the cp pics thread a really sweet cp that Hope made for her DH that had a mini x'mas tree in it, lit up cause of lights, & mini 'presents'. I need to plan DF's x'mas cp too.
    That sounds like a cute idea! I'll have to check it out. And How are you coping?
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    Hey guys! So my DB is deploying in december. I'm already bumming. I have dealt with deployments in the past (prior marriage) and I handled it well. However, this relationship is far different - and I know I will have a harder time with it.

Anyways, who else has an SO deploying in december?

Also, anyone have any sweet care package ideas for christmas?

My DB will be leaving in November but has pretty much been gone off and on for the last 6 months for training. During his last deployment I sent him a lot games from our childhood for Christmas like 3D puzzles. He seemed to enjoy them and it killed some time. I'm at a lost for this year though.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My DB will be deploying at the beginning of December. This will be his first deployment, as well as mine as a SO. (I've never dated anyone in the military before.) While I have friends and distant family in the military, none of them have yet been deployed while I knew them, so this is alien to me.

I'm working with DB to find out how I can communicate with him, and I've come up with a small pre-deployment gift to remind him of home when I can't be reached.

What is the typical "cut-off date" to get packages overseas to military personal for Christmas? How long does it usually take to get a package overseas if I want it to get there by a specific date (i.e. birthday)?

And if I come up with any good ideas for Christmas care packages, I'll post them here.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My DH is deploying in December as well. It will be the first time for the both of us. I am also having a really hard time wrapping my mind around it. We just has a little girl in September so I think she will be keeping me pretty busy! Not sure what I plan on doing Christmas wise yet! If I find any ideas I will be sure to post them!