Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: GIVING BAD NEWS THROUG EMAIL... enough already!

1. Regular Member

Wow GIVING BAD NEWS THROUG EMAIL... enough already!

Advertisements
    Well I just need to vent a little.... It has been a couple of months since my DB deployed and up until 2 weeks ago everythings been ok. Don't get me wrong there's been plenty of crying by myself at home but I was doing great. Then I lost my job. Ugh.... really? Well as if that wasn't bad enough my savings are dangerously low and to add insult to injury my car which is also my DB's car started giving me some trouble today and its at the dealership! Its a 2005 so its not under warranty. I know these things happen.... and apparently all at once for me lately but I am just so bummed that I have to keep emailing him tough news. sucks. Murphy's law I guess.

Its funny a friend of mine who has gone through 4 deployments said it best... everything tough happens when he's gone. She might have said it differently but she called it the Navy Wife's motto. lol
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I hated having to email bad news too. A lot of guys (ime) are problem solvers so I think it really helps to emphasize that you are handling the problem and already implemented a solution. Like "hey babe, you car is having a bit of trouble so I took it to the dealer, this is what they said and this is what I"m going to do." Or "Bummer, I lost my job, but I updated my resume and already sent out 15 applications." along those lines.

I hope things get easier for you soon, it sounds like you're juggling a ton of stuff right now!
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I hated having to email bad news too. A lot of guys (ime) are problem solvers so I think it really helps to emphasize that you are handling the problem and already implemented a solution. Like "hey babe, you car is having a bit of trouble so I took it to the dealer, this is what they said and this is what I"m going to do." Or "Bummer, I lost my job, but I updated my resume and already sent out 15 applications." along those lines.

I hope things get easier for you soon, it sounds like you're juggling a ton of stuff right now!
    DAMN GOOD ADVICE

I'm sorry to hear of your run of Murphy's Law. It's true, crap always happen when he's away. It's just how you deal. YOU SURVIVE and pick up and deal with the pieces that have fallen. I know it's overwhelming but you're doing it. You have to give yourself a pat on the back for that! I know it's upsetting to always feel like you have bad news in emails (and you do right now); that's why I believe Tojai is really onto something with presentation. I know my DH always feels he has to try and fix whatever problem I send him when most times I just want him to listen. It's so much easier when I have presented something that has happened and also suggest solutions of things I will do and maybe ask him if he feels it's the right course of action.

I do really hope things get better soon! Keep your head up
  4. Regular Member
    Thank you so much ladies... I definitely made sure to let him know that I had this and there's steps that Im taking to fix everything. He's really so amazing and supportive. It just makes me feel so bad always giving this news lately but you know its life and Im a way stonger person for getting through it and so is he. Im pretty proud of myself actually. Today is a new day and its only going to get better!