Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often does he call or txt?

1. Regular Member

Shocked How often does he call or txt?

Advertisements
    Hi everyone. So to update, DB is now DF. I got a marriage proposal via txt! Lol Hey it is what it is... I am curious to know how often does your DB, DF, or DH contact you while deployed?
  2. Senior Member

Call - probably 5 times in 9 months
    Video chat - twice
    Email - daily except when the ship was in River City for about 3 weeks

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysgirrl View Post
    Hi everyone. So to update, DB is now DF. I got a marriage proposal via txt! Lol Hey it is what it is... I am curious to know how often does your DB, DF, or DH contact you while deployed?
    There are so many variables that will go into this from one situation to the next that asking/comparing is likely to do nothing more than cause heartache or stress.
  4. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    From what I've learned, it varies widely depending on the base and what kinds of missions. Last time DH deployed (he wasn't DH then), I heard from him like 1x/week via fb for a while, but then there were times when it would be like 3 months between contact because the moved out to some really remote COP.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It really depends on so many factors - what they're doing, how well they are connected to the outside world, what the command is like, etc.

I will say that I thought DH was able to contact me often and I am grateful for that. Will also say that we could have communicated more if we wanted to, but for us it worked better if we didn't talk to each other every single day.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    It really depends on so many factors - what they're doing, how well they are connected to the outside world, what the command is like, etc.

I will say that I thought DH was able to contact me often and I am grateful for that. Will also say that we could have communicated more if we wanted to, but for us it worked better if we didn't talk to each other every single day.
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post

I forgot this part... YES!

Just from hanging around the boards for a while now, it always seems like the folks who have the most communication available AND talk everyday seem to have more issues the people with less. I don't know really why it is that way-- but it really does seem like it's true for a lot of people.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Senior Member
    DH gets on Facebook usually once a day, sometimes less. We've skyped a handful of times. He's never called. Pretty soon we'll only have letters though for the last five monthish of the deployment. That's going to suck.
  9. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    When my ex was deployed I got 1 phone call, 5 video chats, and email fairly regularly as long as they weren't on a mission. That was for a year.
  10. Senior Member
    When they are in port, phone calls every day and as many times as he can. FaceTime as much as the internet in his hotel room will allow. Email, as much as he can. Being he is on a submarine it can be few and far between. On our last deployment that was 199 days i got 50 emails. But we didn't email while he was in 5 ports they hit which was 4-7 days long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast