Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: He got extended... =(

1. Regular Member

Sad He got extended... =(

Advertisements
    I got to talk to him Thursday (yay!) and he told me that he was so ready to come home. It broke my heart because I can't do anything about it. I told him he'd be back here soon and he tells me he'll be there an extra month. I've never had to deal with an extension, even if it is short, and I don't know what to think. We were so close to being done with this and him being home and now he's there longer. I'm trying to tell myself there's a reason for it, but it's just hard to...not accept it (because I have to) but to wrap my head around it, I guess.
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    My DB's deployment was extended by a month 8 days before his homecoming. It sucks, but you've made it this far! Keep your chin up.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    An extra month to plan your homecoming outfit? Guess that's the suckiest bright side ever. Hopefully he'll be home sooner than he thinks!
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

That sucks, I'm so sorry But hang in there, you can do it!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DF's deployment was been extended by a month both times. That was been the hardest part of deployment. It sucks to be so close to homecoming to have the date pushed back. I know how you feel. Treat yourself to something nice and then focus on the positives.
  6. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm so sorry, hon. Dh had his deployment extended and then they decided to cut it a couple of week early. I hope you guys get to see each other sooner rather than later.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

7. Regular Member
    Thanks ladies! I know it's tough on me, but I think it's tougher on him. Just that he told me he was so ready to come home and has to stay is the hardest part for me. Hopefully we'll get to talk more because it hasn't been happening much lately.

As for a bright side, it gives me more time to lose some weight =) And, if this date range sticks, he'll be home right before my birthday!
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch108stchs View Post
    Thanks ladies! I know it's tough on me, but I think it's tougher on him. Just that he told me he was so ready to come home and has to stay is the hardest part for me. Hopefully we'll get to talk more because it hasn't been happening much lately.

As for a bright side, it gives me more time to lose some weight =) And, if this date range sticks, he'll be home right before my birthday!
    Time for us to get serious on this weight issue!!! I'm serious....I need 30 pounds off by January. We can do this.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schelz View Post
    Time for us to get serious on this weight issue!!! I'm serious....I need 30 pounds off by January. We can do this.
    I have until November. I'm ready if you are!
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch108stchs View Post
    I have until November. I'm ready if you are!
    I'm ready, seriously. I think I gave you my number if not email me. Maybe this will work by texting or phone calls. Whatever you feel comfortable with. Now, just need to plan my exercising plan Okay girl...let's go. I'm serious. You just let me know what day you want to start and I'm ready!!!