Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype??

1. Regular Member

Hello Skype??

Advertisements
    Hi girls! my boy is in afghanistan 1 month ago, and since he is gone, I havent seen him, tells me that internet is not enough for skype... but i see him always connected in skype ... i dont understand
  2. Senior Member
    Hey girl my boy has been gone for the same amount of time in Afghanistan, and told me the same thing. I just asked my man, and he said it won't support the video/ voice call. He tried to call his daughter on skype and said he could barley hear or see anything. He maybe on skype and able to use the chat function but not the other functions. Hope that helped!
  3. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Just because his computer is connected to Skype doesn't mean he is using it or that the Internet is good enough for it. My laptop automaticity shows I'm on Skype if I'm connected to Internet with a good or shitty connection even if I didn't open Skype up. A lot of ladies here will tell you they had little to no luck on Skype in Afghan.

I know that must be frustrating and rough.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My husband could sign into skype, but he did not have enough internet for a call to even go through. It would just tell him the call failed.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Same for my DH. He could connect to Skype and I think there is an IM feature so maybe he used it for that, dunno (we always used google's IM). But his Internet was really bad and the video chat wouldn't work. We got it to work once, in the middle of deployment, not sure what was up with that, but the quality was REALLY awful. Every other time we tried it wouldn't work at all.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_sky View Post
    Hi girls! my boy is in afghanistan 1 month ago, and since he is gone, I havent seen him, tells me that internet is not enough for skype... but i see him always connected in skype ... i dont understand
    Have you asked him about the fact that you see him logged in and are curious because he had said that Skype wasn't supported?
  7. Senior Member
    That happens to dh all the time. His internet sucks (which is lovely since we pay so much for it) but Skype signs on automatically when he starts his computer.
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    There were many times where DH was signed into Skype & we would try to video chat each other but it would go fuzzy & he'd get kicked off every 5 seconds. So just because he has connection & is signed in doesn't mean that it has enough connection to call.

If you're that curious though, just ask him about it & see what he says.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_sky View Post
    The internet is often only good for connecting with Skype and not actually being able to use the video chat function. It's pretty normal It still happens to DB and I, and he's in the states living in barracks
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ExDB was in Virginia and I was in California and we would still have shitty connection and would get kicked off of Skype. So just because he's signed on doesn't mean his internet is allowing him to skype.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast