Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Back together and just deployed...

1. Regular Member

Duh Back together and just deployed...

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,
    Brand new and hoping to meet others who know what I'm going thru. My DB and I just got back together in march after a 10 month split. He wanted me back and said he would travel to visit me or have me travel to see him but then he got deployed. I've managed to get past the distance, somewhat, makes it hard to completely trust but he is constantly reassuring me that we will be ok. I'm struggling with this deployment bc the distance is killing me. We have overcome many obstacles but distance is the hardest for me. I love this man and just wish we could be together...9 months seems like an eternity right now...sigh, I hope someone out there can give me some encouraging words on how to cope...?
  2. Regular Member
    UGH, I'm sorry girl. Everyday is one day closer! My DB is in basic, and I haven't talked to him in a month and I don't even know how I cope. I guess you just learn? It's so hard, but like I said everyday is one day closer!!
  3. Regular Member
    OMG a month!! Wow I know I may be in the same boat soon. My DB does go out of his way to contact me whenever he can and he is still en route but thank God his phone works out there and we face timed twice today, last night for over an hour and that helps greatly. But he told me this time around his missions may last 2-3 weeks...he said he would get a phone once there so he could at least call me while out the gate. I love him for making an effort, but distance is distance...worth it though I suppose and yes you're right. Every day is 1 day closer!