Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some reassurance today.

1. Regular Member

Grumpy Need some reassurance today.

Advertisements
    We're almost 70% of the way through this stupid deployment. (YAY!) However, he's been super busy lately. Either that or he's decided that I'm just not worth talking to anymore, I'm not sure which it is. I haven't done anything that I know of to make him mad or anything, I've tried to keep conversations light. I want to be there for him, but I don't know if he even wants me around. I try not to send him things too much (every couple weeks) so I don't become an annoyance and it takes me about 2 weeks to come up with enough interesting things to write. I want to think it's his job and that we're still good, but I just can't tell.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would assume it's probably his job... (I don't know you guys that well, so it's hard to say). DH gets so stressed out by the Army even when he's at home, I can't imagine how bad it is during a deployment.

hope you get to hear from him soon!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I don't know your story but I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I think some communication and emotional ups and downs are normal though. How long is the deployment? How long have you been together?
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    I don't know your story but I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I think some communication and emotional ups and downs are normal though. How long is the deployment? How long have you been together?
    He should be home in the fall, left in the spring. We started talking after he left, but have been friends most of our lives.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ah his deployment sounds a little like my husband's. Has he been acting cold toward you or just less talking? Sorry I'm asking you so many questions, just trying to get a better idea of what you're dealing with.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    Ah his deployment sounds a little like my husband's. Has he been acting cold toward you or just less talking? Sorry I'm asking you so many questions, just trying to get a better idea of what you're dealing with.
    It seems a little of both. Definitely less talking, but all his answers are just a few words (the first few weeks we were talking 2+ hours quite a bit). I ask how things are going and I always get "really busy/ working a lot of hours". He does seem to respond when he can, but it's never much.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by catch108stchs View Post
    It seems a little of both. Definitely less talking, but all his answers are just a few words (the first few weeks we were talking 2+ hours quite a bit). I ask how things are going and I always get "really busy/ working a lot of hours". He does seem to respond when he can, but it's never much.
    Well, obviously I can't claim to know what's going on but here's some more hugs DH works long days, the internet connection is iffy sometimes, sometimes he's just frustrated, etc. If things were great before and you don't think anything happened, give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope you have some better days soon
  8. Regular Member
    Hii... same thing happening to me, i think you commented my post. How are these days?
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_sky View Post
    Hii... same thing happening to me, i think you commented my post. How are these days?
    Things aren't looking up yet. I'm hoping that changes in the short time we have left before he comes home...
  10. Regular Member
    I hope things get better sweetie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast