Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fiance Recently Left for 9 Month Deployment -HELP

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Help Fiance Recently Left for 9 Month Deployment -HELP

Advertisements
    Hi yall!

I am a newly engaged Army fiance, and my soldier just left for Afghanistan two days ago. Although he is not yet to his base and has been able to text me a few select times (and even FaceTime me for five minutes today!), I just feel completely heart broken I can't seem to get out of bed or stop crying. I know my friends and family all think I'm crazy, but I am just so scared of all the "what ifs" involved. Does the fear ever go away?? Or the tears?? It is both of our first deployments, so he is very scared as well. If anything, I think I just need some support from ladies that have been through what I am facing. I feel completely alone in this thing, and his voice is all that can make me feel better at this point!
  2. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    Honestly... I dont think it gets any better but you get stronger and able to cope better. You just need to find what hobbies to do while he is away so it keeps you busy with something to do. Planning the wedding is a good one Congrats on your engagement!!!!! And welcome to MSOS The ladies on here help a lot too when you are having a bad day

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    The "what ifs" will drive you crazy, so my first suggestion is to distract yourself from the negative thoughts. Don't sit in your room all day; get out and do stuff! Find a new hobby or go out with friends! Maybe even make a list of things to accomplish before he gets home so that can motivate you to stay busy.

4. Senior Member

I have no advice as our first deployment is coming up in the next few weeks, but I plan to completely throw myself into finishing up school then working a lot of hours and hope that makes the time pass faster.
    Congratulations on getting engaged! Thats so exciting! Maybe you could start some wedding planning to take your mind off the deployment.
    Good luck and I hope the next 9 month pass fast for you, you can talk to me anytime you want, like I previously said I will be in the same boat pretty soon!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you ladies! I was able to FaceTime him for almost an hour today, yay!! However, I did find out that their mission has changed, although of course I don't know any details. They're heading to their main duty station sooner than expected as well. Is this a normal change or should I be really alarmed? Right now I'm leaning towards really alarmed/ freaked out.
  6. Regular Member
    Don't freak out. No matter what happens, don't freak out.
    Things change. I would be relieved that he's there sooner than he thought he would be. More time for him to get used to his surroundings and what he'll be doing.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I honestly think I am having a minor melt down!! I haven't even gotten a text from my fiancé since he left for his duty station early yesterday morning. To make matters worse, I saw where several of the guys in his platoon updated their Facebook statuses last night saying they had made it safely. They obviously have had WiFi access --why would my fiancé not contact me the first chance he got? I am so confused and feeling more lonely than ever