Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend is deployed in Afghanistan 9 months and...

1. Regular Member

Confused My boyfriend is deployed in Afghanistan 9 months and...

Advertisements
    I think he does not want to be with me?

Hi everyone!! im writing to see if i can get some answers to something, which to me is all new.
    My boyfriend has gone to afghanistan 1 week ago, and before he left he was the best boyfriend ever... there was no day we dont talk, and tell me how much he loves me and likes to be with me... but a few days before he left everything changed... he hardly spoke me, and now that he is there tells me he misses me and he cant wait to see me again, but a few days ago he stopped talking me again, i write for facebook, he read the messages, but he dont answer.... this happened to any?? i feel that he is ignore me. or cant answer??? I need some advice. Thanks for read!
  2. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_sky View Post

Hi everyone!! im writing to see if i can get some answers to something, which to me is all new.
    My boyfriend has gone to afghanistan 1 week ago, and before he left he was the best boyfriend ever... there was no day we dont talk, and tell me how much he loves me and likes to be with me... but a few days before he left everything changed... he hardly spoke me, and now that he is there tells me he misses me and he cant wait to see me again, but a few days ago he stopped talking me again, i write for facebook, he read the messages, but he dont answer.... this happened to any?? i feel that he is ignore me. or cant answer??? I need some advice. Thanks for read!
    He may have unreliable Internet over there, it's not uncommon. And Facebook can act weird when the Internet is spotty.
  3. Regular Member
    The thing I've run into with facebook is maybe he can check it, but not respond at that time. That could be what's going on. And the internet is weird over there.
    I don't think it's that he doesn't want to talk to you (I've been there). Depending on his job, he could be busy or training on what he's going to be doing. Try not to worry too much, you guys will get into a groove soon
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by catch108stchs View Post
    The thing I've run into with facebook is maybe he can check it, but not respond at that time. That could be what's going on. And the internet is weird over there.
    I don't think it's that he doesn't want to talk to you (I've been there). Depending on his job, he could be busy or training on what he's going to be doing. Try not to worry too much, you guys will get into a groove soon

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  5. Banned
    Banned
    He only got there a week ago, trust me, things are crazy hectic for them at first when they first get there. They have to set up, move around a lot, etc. Plus a lot of places have to set up their own internet, so it may be a touch and go with that at first. I really wouldn't worry too much. I didn't hear from my ex for a few weeks, up to maybe a months and a half, when he first got there...then communication got a lot better!
  6. Regular Member
    thanks girls! ... today i talked to him.... i asked if it was ok.. and he said he was very busy because this on a big base, and now he goes to a smaller..he told me he misses me and that we will be able to talk more when he is on the small base. but i dont know, this is very weird for me.
    Last edited by Blue_sky; 07-09-2013 at 01:36 PM.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Blue_Sky

Hello,

The men are so busy and have so much on their minds. He is not ignoring but is very busy. My husband has been there twice and I know how hard it has been on him. It does not excuse what he is doing but I do know they have missions that they have to do there. My husband just left for Korea and I have not heard from him yet but I know once he got there he has to do a schooling and get shots and all kinds of stuff. I know when my husband was in Iraq I didn't hear from him for weeks. Occupy your time and his deployment will go by quickly.

Chriss
  8. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriss View Post
    Hello,

The men are so busy and have so much on their minds. He is not ignoring but is very busy. My husband has been there twice and I know how hard it has been on him. It does not excuse what he is doing but I do know they have missions that they have to do there. My husband just left for Korea and I have not heard from him yet but I know once he got there he has to do a schooling and get shots and all kinds of stuff. I know when my husband was in Iraq I didn't hear from him for weeks. Occupy your time and his deployment will go by quickly.

Chriss

Thank you!! :
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_sky View Post

I went through the same thing! It took us about two weeks to get into a groove. Once you hit a routine and you know about when you will hear from him (even if its just for a few minutes) you'll feel better. Also, DB just told me that, at least at the base he is at, the internet has to drop every 30 mins to keep it secure. So sometimes FB says he read your message and he isn't responding because the internet did a routine drop. I know sometimes for my DB during those drop periods he has to go and therefore can't say good bye. Hope that helped .
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryintobepatient View Post
    I went through the same thing! It took us about two weeks to get into a groove. Once you hit a routine and you know about when you will hear from him (even if its just for a few minutes) you'll feel better. Also, DB just told me that, at least at the base he is at, the internet has to drop every 30 mins to keep it secure. So sometimes FB says he read your message and he isn't responding because the internet did a routine drop. I know sometimes for my DB during those drop periods he has to go and therefore can't say good bye. Hope that helped .

Thank you honey things are a little better... at least, we talk every day even be a few words, but that makes me feel better. I still have 8 months more .... luckily i found you girls
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast