Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The Halfway Point

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Help The Halfway Point

Advertisements
    So DB and I are on our first deployment and we've made it to the halfway point. I'm proud of myself for coming this far but I also realized that we still have another half to go...I guess that makes me feel a bit less than thrilled...I get to talk to DB just about everyday and I know that makes me alot luckier than most but not seeing him still stings...Does anyone have any advice to help with getting through the last half of a deployment.
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I think it's totally normal to feel disappointed at the half way point. I spent the entire first half wishing we were just on the second half, but then when the second half arrived it felt totally overwhelming that we had to do that entire time over again. The best thing I can give you is and say it's normal, keep on trucking, it will pass. Also, I found when I got about a month out from the half way point, I started to over homecoming and started making lists about cleaning the house, getting my hair done, etc... so that did keep my mind occupied a bit.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The last half is going to zip by and he will be home before you know it! on the halfway mark! Try and find something to focus on to keep you busy. I worked out like crazy so I looked my best for when DH saw me after he graduated bootcamp!
  4. Regular Member
    We just hit our halfway point a couple weeks ago and I'm right there with you. It feels like this is going to take forever to get here, but then I realize how fast these 2 weeks have gone and how fast the first half seemed to go.

I'd just keep doing what you did for the first half if you can. I'm always here to talk if you need someone else going through it
    Last edited by catch108stchs; 07-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.
  5. Regular Member
    CONGRATS GUYS!!!! You made it to half way

The half way slump always comes. Just breathe, one foot in front of the other. Keep doing what you guys have been. This is totally normal. The time that drags for me is like the month to weeks before homecoming. But, you'll get through it.
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks so much you guys you have no idea how much those words mean to me