Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: happy confusing times

1. Regular Member

Cloud 9 happy confusing times

Advertisements
    Well guys, there's only about one month left on this darn deployment. I am so glad that it is finally almost over! Congrats to me that I survived my first deployment (to tell you the truth, I think he was more worried about me going crazy than something happening to him lol) and to him for finishing his third. Now the problem (of course there has to be one) is something that I'm more confused over than anything. Ever since he told me that he coming home soon, he's distancing himself so much from me. I don't know what to make of it. Is this normal? Did any of you ever go through this? is there a logical explanation?
  2. Forever & a Day!
    Forever & a Day!
    Blog Entries
    DB did this every time! I was so scared about it the first time. Some of them seem to do this either because they are busy during their last month or so there or they are just not wanting to think about coming home because its one of those so close yet so far away things. Also, it is probably scary for them to come home and have such a change in their schedules and such.

Serenity is the best Wifey a woman could ever ask for
  3. Senior Member
    Congrats to surving this deployment!
    Yeah I think it's normal. It's happened to me multiple times. I feel like towards the end DF get's so busy that it feels like he's distancing himself. And even when we are in contact, he still seems distant. I think he's just preparing himself to get back to a normal routine. Wouldn't you feel that way too if you knew you were coming home?
  4. Regular Member
    Thanks for your help guys! I didn't really know what to think. I know he's busy, and then I started thinking "what if he's worried that I won't actually be here when he comes home" (you know how you hear stories about women doing that to their soldiers during deployment) and then I started thinking...all sorts of stuff haha. You know how it is. The constant worrying gives you the craziest ideas
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

DH got really crabby when homecoming got closer hehe.

He might be busy too. When DH was getting ready to leave, the ad-von party for the next unit was there and they had to spend a lot of time getting the new guys up to speed on everything that's going on. It was a change in his routine and just added to his irritability. It definitely is a stressful time for the both of you!