Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Being selfish

1. Regular Member

Being selfish

Advertisements
    Hey everyone...hope that June is starting off to be a good month...just think ladies one more month started so one more month down!! As most of you know the other day I talked about how communication had changed a little. I got an email and was able to email back and forth and he was thankfully acting a little more normal and not as distant, I am glad I listened to all the advice and didint pressure him too much. When he first left he called about once a week, and we are going on two weeks of no phone call, should I ask when he can call again or just wait until he does? Sometimes for me hearing his voice is harder!!

He also found out that his job will be changing next week and he will be traveling throughout the country a bit more, this makes me nervous but I have faith we will get through!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What are you feeling that you are being selfish about Are you talking about asking him for more communication or.....?
    As far as asking him, you certainly can but I would expect that the answer you get is likely to be, "I don't know" -- because, for the most part, they call when they can and that isn't always something that they can predict.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'm glad you go to hear from him.

I agree that there is no harm in asking, but that more than likely he won't be able to give you a very specific answer. And even if he does, things can change at the drop of a hat. When DH was deployed I just had to believe that when he could get in touch with me, he would. Travel can definitely throw a wrench into the works too.
  4. Regular Member
    I guess I just wanted to ask him when I would hear his voice again....This is his seventh deployment and the first time he has been in a relationship where the girl did not run the other way, so I do not know if that has anything to do with it. But I just did not know if I should just be happy with the emails I get almost everyday or ask for more phone calls