Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hey Hey!

1. Regular Member

Hey Hey!

Advertisements
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I didn't find out about this sight until two months before his deployment is up :/ bummer. My man's name is Matt, he's an infantryman -- and likely to remain so for the rest of his life. He's currently deployed in Afghanistan but happily there are only two months left. I've already posted that this end of his deployment has been very difficult on our relationship. Honestly, I don't even know where to begin with all of this because this is the first deployment that I've ever had to deal with. So please, all of you ladies out there who've been through it, share your wisdom on how you made it through. I know the end is in sight, but it is an awful time getting there.
  2. Regular Member
    It really is rough! I really cant imagine going through another deployment... but I'm sure one will come quickly enough. I had to keep busy no matter what. Luckily I was in college so I had a lot of homework to keep me busy. Another thing that helped was not looking at the calendar for awhile and then all of a sudden look at it and I couldn't believe I only had a week left when I did look at it. It is really tough but you really have to keep positive to keep from going crazy. Use family and friends for your support! That really helped me! Hope this helps! PM me if you need anything!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  4. Regular Member
    Hey!
  5. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

hi there! Unfortunately, I dont have any advice, but Im sure some ladies on here can help! And I wish you the best in your relationship. I hope things turn out for the best.

6. Regular Member
    It's been a long time since I've been through a complete deployment and I'm going through another one right now (different guy this time). I just remember how proud I felt after he was home, of both of us. I don't remember much about the last deployment, mostly because it was 10 years ago but I didn't recognize him when he showed up at school to see me.

The hardest part this time around is that I don't know anyone else going through it. No one quite understands what he's dealing with and most of them haven't even done the long distance thing, so they really don't know how to help.
    I'm always here if you need someone to talk to
  7. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

! Luckily the end is in sight! I don't have any wisdom for you other than keep your head up
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Sorry all I can say is stay busy

9. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Hello and welcome!
  10. Regular Member
    Hi!
    I dont have any advice because this will be my 1st time going through a deployment but im here for any support. We an go through this together!