Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Lack of communication

1. Regular Member

Question Lack of communication

Advertisements
    I know that I've been extremely lucky that for 3 1/2 weeks we've been able to chat almost every night and sometimes almost all day. I know this isn't normal. The last deployment I went through, I'd wait forever for letters and got only a couple phone calls (different guy/ branch). For the last week, he's been so busy we've hardly talked. He's checked in just to say hi and I appreciate that, but all the sudden not talking is hard. I'm honestly not trying to brag or anything, but I don't know how to shut my brain up thinking about it. I know he's busy, he's told me a couple times that he is and I know what he does would cause that. But not knowing my status with him, my brain won't shut up about "oh, he met someone", "he found someone else to talk to who's more interesting" whatever. I've sent him a couple messages just saying hi so maybe he'll smile when he sees it and I hope it works.

The last deployment I went through was at the very beginning of OIF, so it's been a long time. I was in high school and had something to keep me distracted. I don't for the time being. I want to send him a couple letters, but I don't know what to write about that we haven't already talked about. I'm trying to not send him something on fb everyday so I don't start to annoy him.

How do you deal with not hearing from him all the time? I keep trying to remind myself that my aunt & uncle and my grandparents had only letters, but it doesn't stick for very long. Apparently the universe wants me to work on my patience or something
  2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch108stchs View Post
    I know that I've been extremely lucky that for 3 1/2 weeks we've been able to chat almost every night and sometimes almost all day. I know this isn't normal. The last deployment I went through, I'd wait forever for letters and got only a couple phone calls (different guy/ branch). For the last week, he's been so busy we've hardly talked. He's checked in just to say hi and I appreciate that, but all the sudden not talking is hard. I'm honestly not trying to brag or anything, but I don't know how to shut my brain up thinking about it. I know he's busy, he's told me a couple times that he is and I know what he does would cause that. But not knowing my status with him, my brain won't shut up about "oh, he met someone", "he found someone else to talk to who's more interesting" whatever. I've sent him a couple messages just saying hi so maybe he'll smile when he sees it and I hope it works.

The last deployment I went through was at the very beginning of OIF, so it's been a long time. I was in high school and had something to keep me distracted. I don't for the time being. I want to send him a couple letters, but I don't know what to write about that we haven't already talked about. I'm trying to not send him something on fb everyday so I don't start to annoy him.

How do you deal with not hearing from him all the time? I keep trying to remind myself that my aunt & uncle and my grandparents had only letters, but it doesn't stick for very long. Apparently the universe wants me to work on my patience or something
    WELCOME!!! The way you start dealing with not being able to have contact is to stay busy yourself. This is one of the things you will always hear from one of us is to stay busy. I know, we sound like a broken record, but it is the truth. Start something, anything, a hobby, a class. Anything that helps you keep focus off of time There will always be times that no matter how busy you are you just can't shake missing him.

Send him letters and care packages. I'm trying to think....my last letter was very racy HAHAHAHA Couldn't help it. I talk to him almost daily yet I also send him letters weekly. I try and focus on what the kids and I are doing maybe that day and just insignificant things. He loves it. It doesn't matter what I say, just the fact that he has something to hold and read makes him happy. It's just another piece of home So, don't focus so much on what you write just write It will come to you.
  3. Regular Member
    OMW! I know exactly how you feel! It's the same way with my Matt. We used to talk every day and every night and now, I'm lucky if I get an email even once a week. I won't tell you that it'll get easier because I have the same doubts that you do. The only thing that's helping me right now is thinking that when he thinks about me, he smiles just as big as I do when I think about him. -- Or just tell yourself he's out on mission, a really really long one. If he's where my man is, he probably is out anyways haha