Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to stay positive

1. Regular Member

Trying to stay positive

Advertisements
    Hi girls! How is everyone? It has been 4 weeks since dh has deployed. I'm feeling a bit better but there are days and I know will continue to be days where the loneliness is unbearable. I try and stay positive and focus on "another day down" and be happy that he will be coming home. I have started to lose a little weight and now focused on taking 20 pounds off. Anyone want to join me? Work has helped and my daughters are my daily shining light We try and stay busy during the days and always spend our evenings together. My daughters just turned 13 on the 15th. Life is moving; slowly, but moving.
    I'm very fortunate to have contact with dh daily. We have been texting and I'm so happy when I hear from him. But, has anyone felt like this? I sometimes feel worse after we say goodnight. I'm reminded of how much I terribly miss him. Does anyone have any advice? I would feel worse if I didn't hear from him. I guess there isn't any answer to this--just for him to come home.

ANOTHER DAY DOWN! Okay, the positivity is trying to shine through
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Stay positive, which is never easy. My sweetheart is deployed, this is the second one he has been on since we've been together. This one is definitely easier, but barely. We are half way through, and I cannot wait until he comes home. I think about him constantly. I do keep busy with work and classes, but it just passes the time.

Its ok to miss him, its ok to miss him even more after you talk, but just thank God you got to hear from him. On the first deployment my sweetie was on, we would have periods of no communication, because of the mission/deployment, and let me tell you, that was the hardest days/weeks ever. So be grateful for every message, that is what I try and do also.

When I need a distraction, I go onto Pintrest and look at the humor board, surely something will make me laugh, and I'll get back to housework, or school work, and the days pass. My current favorite is Jimmy Fallon's skit "Ew". He is dressed as teen girl and acts ridiculous, he has Channing Tatum on as a guest, and he dresses up and acts like a teen girl, and Michael Strahan too. I cried laughing.
  3. Senior Member
    You got through the first month! that was definitely the hardest part for me! Losing weight was a big motivation for me and the time went quicker because I was so busy with work, gym, and 2 girls. I hope the rest of the time goes by quick for you!
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrace View Post
    Stay positive, which is never easy. My sweetheart is deployed, this is the second one he has been on since we've been together. This one is definitely easier, but barely. We are half way through, and I cannot wait until he comes home. I think about him constantly. I do keep busy with work and classes, but it just passes the time.

Its ok to miss him, its ok to miss him even more after you talk, but just thank God you got to hear from him. On the first deployment my sweetie was on, we would have periods of no communication, because of the mission/deployment, and let me tell you, that was the hardest days/weeks ever. So be grateful for every message, that is what I try and do also.

When I need a distraction, I go onto Pintrest and look at the humor board, surely something will make me laugh, and I'll get back to housework, or school work, and the days pass. My current favorite is Jimmy Fallon's skit "Ew". He is dressed as teen girl and acts ridiculous, he has Channing Tatum on as a guest, and he dresses up and acts like a teen girl, and Michael Strahan too. I cried laughing.
    Thank you, I'm going to try that. I'm a scary movie gal and I tell you, I've been more and more depressed. Maybe comedy will help more now I will look for it. You are so right. I'd be besides myself if I didn't hear from him. This is our 4th deployment and there was only one that was kinda tolerable. SO far, this has been hard. He was due to retire and was trying before PCS'ing to this unit. We were preparing for that when right before Christmas we found that they were going to deny his package until after this deployment. Our hearts dropped! We both thought...NO WAY! He's not going. Well, we were wrong. All through training, meetings, etc., we just shook our heads and geared down for another one. Also, he deployed a month before he was originally told. He's okay, he's upset (of course) but doing what he needs to do. It comes through in communication that he's had enough.

So, I will stay positive and keep moving along. Thank you for your kind words
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyrue6 View Post
    You got through the first month! that was definitely the hardest part for me! Losing weight was a big motivation for me and the time went quicker because I was so busy with work, gym, and 2 girls. I hope the rest of the time goes by quick for you!
    Yes, I did There have been some really rough spots but I'm doing it! Praying the time starts to move. It's a little easier with him being ahead of me so when he's saying good night, I'm up and out the door doing what needs to be done. The hardest is the nights. He'll periodically text all through the night and now I'm not sleeping well; that's not from him texting that's from him not being home. I'm glad he's able to do that when he's near wifi. No complaints here! It's just hard sometimes....I miss him so much.
  6. Senior Member
    My husband left in December and it has been an up and down process for us as well. This is our second deployment but the first with kids. They keep me busy Every day is one day closer and sometimes I have to take it even minute by minute but you just have to keep pushing and it will be over before you know it!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gp31908 View Post
    My husband left in December and it has been an up and down process for us as well. This is our second deployment but the first with kids. They keep me busy Every day is one day closer and sometimes I have to take it even minute by minute but you just have to keep pushing and it will be over before you know it!
    I'm doing it with one set of twins....not two! Plus, mine are 13. You, my dear, don't have a moment to breathe!!! If you can do it, I can do it
  8. Senior Member
    Aww thank you. Like I said one day , one minute, one second. Whatever it takes! Some days are better than others WE CAN ALLL DO IT!!! Lol

9. Regular Member
    I'm wanting to lose around 20 pounds before he comes home. I just haven't had the motivation to start (shame on me). Maybe we could be "workout buddies" or something? I need someone to keep me going.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch108stchs View Post
    I'm wanting to lose around 20 pounds before he comes home. I just haven't had the motivation to start (shame on me). Maybe we could be "workout buddies" or something? I need someone to keep me going.
    I'm ready whenever you are I will do this with you; however you want to do this. Like you, need someone to keep me going. I'm ready!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast