Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New here. Hi!

1. Regular Member

Hello New here. Hi!

Advertisements
    If this isn't in the right place, sorry. This looked like the best place for it.

First, I am not an Air Force girlfriend. Please don't stop reading, though. I know no one else dealing with a deployment so I turned to the internet. I've never done this before. Please bear with me.

I've been friends with "my" Airman for 15+ years. He has been best friends with my brother since high school. My brother was home on leave in December and we were both at their house to see him. I found out then M would be deployed soon. I didn't think much of it. I didn't like it, but I didn't think about it much.

I was at a baby shower with his mom and she made hints that we'd maybe be good together. A couple days later, he (maybe) randomly messaged me on facebook wanting to talk. I didn't know he'd been deployed at this point, so I froze when he told me. I asked for his address anyway, just to send him a couple cards. I sent one with a letter and a couple weeks later, a chat popped up. We ended up talking for 2 hours that night, and almost every night for at least a few minutes since (3 weeks).

We talk about any and everything and he's sent me a couple pictures, and I've sent him some, too. I graduate next weekend and he's told me a few times he wishes he could be here for it (which, really bums me out).

I just need someone (or someones) to talk through all this with. I know I'm lucky that we get to chat so much, but it's still hard. I hope not being a gf isn't a problem. =)
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
    A Team
    Blog Entries

Ok so you're not an AF girlfriend but you two are good friends at this point, is that the gist? Well, I'm glad that you two have connected, because seriously anyone to talk to while you're deployed takes a load off the mind. It allows them to focus on something other than the there and now.
    As a side note my friend started off as best friends with a guy and then right after boot camp they started dating and 2 years later they were married!
    This girl is gearing up for ANG!

islandxgirl:My bestie, my love, my wifey since 06/22/11
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_heart07 View Post

Ok so you're not an AF girlfriend but you two are good friends at this point, is that the gist? Well, I'm glad that you two have connected, because seriously anyone to talk to while you're deployed takes a load off the mind. It allows them to focus on something other than the there and now.
    As a side note my friend started off as best friends with a guy and then right after boot camp they started dating and 2 years later they were married!
    We are pretty good friends.
    He told me in his first letter that he was thinking about deleting his facebook because he was never on it and when I asked him about it, he said that he considered it but wouldn't because he uses it to talk to me.
    I don't get the idea that he's really talking to anyone but me a lot and his mom once & a while...
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

My pm is always open if you need to talk, as well as my email deborahdaneliz@gmail.com