Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First deployment, April 13', advice?

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

First deployment, April 13', advice?

Advertisements
    Hello Everyone,

It is so wonderful to come across a group of people such as ourselves who take the challenge of holding down half a heart back home. My soldier has left April and it has been tough but we are strong. I would like to have fellow girls such as myself to talk to, confide in, and receive and give advice. We can all get through this!

Fighting!

Lee
    Last edited by Lightning_Lee; 05-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.
  2. Regular Member
    Hi Lee, I left another message for you at the other thread. My SO also deployed 6-4. Anyway, I'm here for you sweetie!!!
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Shelz

Thanks shelz!

sorry i just saw your posts right now, if you dont mind me asking what 6-4 is? not sure if this is lingo or if your SO is being deployed in June. Message me!

btw, Im wondering why "US Army" doesn't show up under my name and everyone elses SO division does lol

Lee

p.s.
    here for you as well
  4. Regular Member
    I'm having a hard time with replying to post today. Not sure what is up? Anyway, sorry, I wrote you a private email but I don't think it sent. Let me know. Maybe because we are new?? Not sure. ANyway, I will talk to you private. 6-4 Cav is our unit. I'll talk to you soon Michelle
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Email me!

Hey Michelle, until the site is up and running you can just email me.

Lianna
    Last edited by Lightning_Lee; 05-03-2013 at 11:14 AM.
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I'm a newbie to the forum and to Military Life, in general. DB deployed at the first of April, and I'm dying. I'd love some military girlfriend/wife friends to chat with!
  7. Regular Member
    You've come to the right place How are you holding up, sweetie? My DH deployed a few weeks ago. Know the feeling of having a hard time. This is not my 1st but 4th. So, I'm here
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    The hardest part for me is when he's having a rough time and I can't do anything about it. He's not your typical "tough guy" soldier. He's extremely sensitive and stresses easily. This his first deployment, his first time away from his little girl, and his father passed away about six months ago. About three weeks into his deployment, he developed an abscessed tooth. He had emergency surgery, but shortly after that, the right side of his face became paralyzed. It's only temporary, a result of the virus that caused the tooth infection, but its very hard for him to deal with. What's the best way to support him? I can tell him all day long that I'm there for him, but I feel like I can only do so much.
    He doesn't have an address to where he is. Nobody can tell him what it is. We only have KIK to communicate, and I know I'm fortunate to have that. He doesn't have a laptop or device to video chat. All I have is words.
  9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaB09 View Post
    The hardest part for me is when he's having a rough time and I can't do anything about it. He's not your typical "tough guy" soldier. He's extremely sensitive and stresses easily. This his first deployment, his first time away from his little girl, and his father passed away about six months ago. About three weeks into his deployment, he developed an abscessed tooth. He had emergency surgery, but shortly after that, the right side of his face became paralyzed. It's only temporary, a result of the virus that caused the tooth infection, but its very hard for him to deal with. What's the best way to support him? I can tell him all day long that I'm there for him, but I feel like I can only do so much.
    He doesn't have an address to where he is. Nobody can tell him what it is. We only have KIK to communicate, and I know I'm fortunate to have that. He doesn't have a laptop or device to video chat. All I have is words.
    All you can do is do what you are doing and be there as he seeks comfort. It sounds like there isn't too much you can do different in this situation. Continue to let him know you are there and be as uplifting and positive as you can. Tell him how proud of him you are especially under these circumstances. He's going through what he is and, WOW, sounds horrible! I hope he is feeling better and adjusting to this deployment very soon. I hope he gets his contact address soon. That's frustrating! His command hasn't helped him with his address? His 1SG? Yes, be thankful with the communication you do have. I understand, it's hard but at least it's something. A lot of us on here only have communication through email and are thankful for that
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He is feeling better, just dealing with only having function of half his face. I can't even imagine what that would be like. He's actually Reserves, and where he's posted to is apparently where a lot of short-term-ers go. So because of that, they haven't given him an address, because people don't typically get mail there. I'm holding on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast