Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An old pro.....right, whatever!!!!

1. Regular Member

Sad An old pro.....right, whatever!!!!

Advertisements
    I should be used to this, well I'm not! Just said goodbye two days ago and my heart hurts so much! I know to keep busy, hell....always have before. Right now, I just want to take to the bed. This is #4. I miss him terribly :'(
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Totally understood. Hang in there
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

It never gets easier to say goodbye..what gets easier is how you manage it. You know the importance of having the good cry and then picking yourself up and getting busy, right?

So, take the few days necessary to adjust and then get busy getting busy!
  4. Regular Member
    No, you are right, it's never easy to say goodbye. The managing part, should be natural now. I'm so used to helping other's with deployment cycles. Just need to get out of this funk and I will get back into the swing of things. The funny thing is, we have been in for 20. Like I said, have been down this road so many times before. This time what gets me....is the night before he left, he said something he never had. He has helped other wives with explaining the FRG and everything but has never, ever helped me through the process (it's our inside joke). Anyway, I asked him what advice he would give me for this deployment and he told me to find my passion. It dawned on me, our kids are older, our military life will be coming to an end after this deployment, and funny thing is we have seemed to rediscover each other over the past year. After he told me to "find my passion," all I told him and am still thinking....."what if you're my passion?" I love my soldier, my best friend and partner. Okay, I'm feeling better. These little periods come and go, they really do. What helps, and I mean this with my soul is to know I'm not alone! Thank you for that
  5. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    I have no words of wisdom from pure lack of experience, but I just wanted to offer up some to you
  6. Regular Member
    Thank you, sweetie!!! That's all it takes sometimes Just someone to listen and give hugs!!
  7. Senior Member
    Wow #4 I'm barely making it through #1 At least you know you can do this! I hope it goes by quickly for you
  8. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

we just got through our first deployment together. I hope you find your groove soon, hon!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

9. Regular Member
    Each deployment is different. Only one (so far) has been tolerable. I wish I could say they get easier but, I can't. Usually, you're in different stages of your life as they always happen in the most inconvenient times The most important thing to do and remember is to STAY BUSY! I know, it's hard at times but you have to. Find something, anything to fill the day. Nights, are my hardest though. I can put myself to sleep but staying there is the tricky part. If you ever find yourself really depressed and unable to cope, go get help asap from a doctor. I knew too many women that self-medicated themselves with alcohol and/or drugs. This doesn't last forever--the separation part. But, what does last with you, is the experience of dealing with things of this nature; the ability to adapt when having to. And always, I mean always remember.....He's thinking of you and missing you just as much :/
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    It never gets easier to say goodbye..what gets easier is how you manage it. You know the importance of having the good cry and then picking yourself up and getting busy, right?

So, take the few days necessary to adjust and then get busy getting busy!
    This is number 2 for me and the 1st one with kids. Sometimes you just have to cry it out and move forward You know how it goes when it's done you'll look back and say "that sucked but we did it!" Hang in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast