Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's talking marriage!

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

He's talking marriage!

Advertisements
    So DB and I have been official for a few months now, and he has recently told me he's re-enlisting and he'll be going to Colorado a few months after be gets back to the states. He wants me to marry him and go with him. Idk what to do. I love that man! But we've never actually been together as a couple. (I've known him for yrs as a friend) should I wait to see how things are going and let him get settled in once he's in Colorado and then see what happens? (I know that would be the smart thing to do, but a part of me wants to just run with him)
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganC View Post
    So DB and I have been official for a few months now, and he has recently told me he's re-enlisting and he'll be going to Colorado a few months after be gets back to the states. He wants me to marry him and go with him. Idk what to do. I love that man! But we've never actually been together as a couple. (I've known him for yrs as a friend) should I wait to see how things are going and let him get settled in once he's in Colorado and then see what happens? (I know that would be the smart thing to do, but a part of me wants to just run with him)
    I don't think that is a decision that we should be making...

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganC View Post
    I would wait. You have nothing to lose by waiting, because if it's meant to be it'll work out. If you get married and move out there without being a couple for a little while, you potentially have a lot to lose.

I waited, and I'm happy I did. We're engaged and getting married soon. We did 7 months of LD before I moved to Colorado, and that have both of us time to realize we wanted to be together forever. I moved before being engaged, but we had 6 months of in person relationship and 7 months LD before I did so.
  4. Senior Member
    If you have to question it, then you should wait in my opinion...
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    If you have to question it, then you should wait in my opinion...
    The fact that you're posting this shows me you're not ready. I think if you've been together a while and are still thinking toward marriage, save up some and move out with him before being committed til death do you part. For me, getting married without living together would be a major no-go.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with the others. Only you can decide that but if you are having doubts now, I say wait. Wishing you well in your decision! That is definitely a tough one!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I agree with everyone else. There is no need to rush, especially if you're not 100% sure.
  8. Senior Member
    Wait! In addition to all of the other reasons that these ladies said, it also gives you time to indulge in and enjoy dating and engagment. If things go as planned, you will have decades and decades to enjoy and savor married life together so enjoy the engagement and dating phase while you can.

Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.
    Francois de La Rochefoucauld
  9. langsam langsam.
    langsam langsam.
    If you can't talk about something like this directly with him you're not ready. It's not a bad thing it's just reality. Give yourselves time to enjoy being a couple before you take a huge step.

10. Senior Member
    Yeah if you haven't even been around each other as a couple to see if the chemistry is there and it works then I definitely wouldn't marry him right away.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast