Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Almost Half Way

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Almost Half Way

Advertisements
    Hi my name is Meaghan. My boyfriend is deployed and has been for 3 months now and has 6 months left. This is my first time being a military girlfriend. When he and I got together, he wasn't in the military. This is mine and his first deployment and it's been difficult. At first, I didn't know what to expect or what to really do or handle it. Luckily, with some girls from other sites that I am on, they told me that the main key is to keep yourself busy. I didn't do a very good job of that in the very beginning. I was starting to feel really down and I just wanted to cry like all the time. I didn't want to do anything. All I did was stay at home. I felt like I didn't have any friends. A lot of my friends are busy with their lives, so I really didn't have a whole lot of people helping me out. The one person who had helped me when my boyfriend went to Basic was busy with college and spending time with her boyfriend. My mom knows exactly what I am going through, yet she hasn't really helped me. I made some really good friends at work and they've been such a trooper the past couple of months. They've really pulled me out of the hole I was in and included me in activities they were doing. So after that started, it was really helping me out. I'm glad I found this site and I'm hoping that it will also help me through the rest of this deployment and in future deployments.
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

3. Regular Member
    This is my first one too Still in the first week though...let me know if you need anyone to talk to! I'm going through the same thing you did
  4. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

Welcome . Im glad you've been doing better. Having people to talk to really helps a lot, having fun things to look forward to helps a lot too! I hope you keep doing better and better!

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!