Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: needing some support

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    He is deployed in afghanistan right now and I am back home in Montana.

needing some support

Advertisements
    He has been gone for 5 months nearly and it just keeps getting harder. I hate the days when he cant talk to me at all, and I don't even know if he is okay or not. This is our first deployment and I never imagined it would be so hard! Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I send him care packages and cute messages all the time but its just not enough! and it is still going to be several months til i get the chance to see him again. Any help would be great! Thanks
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Sorry you're having a hard time. What kinds of things have you tried so far? Do you work or go to school? Do you have pets or hobbies? If you have anything like that you're involved in, you can use them to set little goals for yourself. Then, by the time you reach them, x amt of time has passed and you achieved something you wanted to do. Spending time with friends and family always helped me too, when that was an option for me. If I'm bored at home and I'm missing DH, sometimes I'll just send him an email letting him know I'm thinking about him and how awesome I think he is (something to that effect.) Right now, I'm trying to busy myself with learning a new job, figuring out Christmas gifts for my family, I have a pretty solid work out plan and hopefully I'll start taking Spanish classes soon.
    I just try to keep in mind that no one forced DH to deploy. He joined the Army because he wanted to. He's there now, so we might as well make the best of things. Is your SO adjusting ok?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I just moved to a different town so I dont really know anyone here. I started a new job, looking for a new car, starting a new workout. He loves it over there and I think thats what makes it so hard for me, I'm having such a hard time adjusting while he is doing just fine. I love doing all these new things, I just wish he was able to be here to do them with me, I want him to help pick out my car, and talk about my new job and what not.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We kind of had this discussion too. My DH said he loves it over there too and at first it stung a little because I felt like he wasn't looking forward to coming home. But he said he can be there and be miserable or he can be there and try to make a positive experience out of it. Either way he'd be there. So I'm just trying to look at it as a good thing for him and his career and trying to get as much done here while he's gone. I don't know anyone here either. There's still skype and phone calls. Maybe your girlfriends or your family and you could do a skype date?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  5. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    Just try to keep yourself busy. Also the fact that he loves it over there does not in any way mean he wouldn't rather be with you, but the fact that he is doing so well with it will keep him emotionally and mentally strong which is a good thing. Can you imagine how upset you would feel if he was horribly depressed about it and you were helpless to fix it. Hang in there.
  6. Regular Member
    Everything said above. Stay stong.. you are almost done!!!
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thanks for all the support (: I'm so busy lately it feels like the days are flying by (finally!!) and that is definitely a good way to look at it thank you (:
  8. Senior Member
    I am glad to hear that things are going well for you!
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi, I'm going through something similar (sorry dylans*girl) but its been only three months. But he keeps getting colder and colder towards me, I don't know what's wrong. I feel that he is loosing love for me or something. He was super sweet and loving to me until about two weeks ago. I don't know what happened, I'm quite frankly confused and getting broken-hearted, I don't know what to do or say. Can someone give me advice? Also can someone tell me how to start one blog/post thingy so that I don't have to intrude in other ppls posts. Thank you!!
  10. Senior Member
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time! I think doing anything to make yourself happy will help. Also talking here on this forum helps too. Reading and knowing that you are not alone in your feelings helps a lot. I hope it get easier for you soon just remember how far you've come. You can do it! PM me if you ever wanna talk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast