Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 2012 Deployments!

1. Regular Member

December 2012 Deployments!

Advertisements
    Anyone gearing up for a December deployment?! Please feel free to introduce yourselves!

I'm going to need you all to get through this, and I can't be the only one needing support, right?
  2. Regular Member
    I'm Kayla! This is my first deployment, my hubby's second. He'll be leaving for Afghanistan soon, but he's already gone for mobilization. I get to see him for a 4-day pass right before he leaves the country; I'm excited to see him, but it is absolutely bittersweet. Leading up to him leaving home was definitely worse than it has been these past few weeks without him, but I'm still dreading the actual deployment. I wish it would just get started already so it can be OVER.

Anyways, I know that support is important for us and I want everyone to feel free to contact me anytime! We can cry together or distract each other, and I'm a therapist-in-training so I'm a pretty good listener.

We will get through this!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have a close friend deploying in early December/end of November to Afghanistan as well (Airforce).
  4. Senior Member
    So right now I'm a November deployment but DH has been delayed again so I dont know we're getting close to pass into Dec deployment.

Baby you are just so amazing.....
    everything you have done without me there is unbelievable.
    The person that I married is the person I want by my side the rest of my life
    and I can't wait to get back to her. ~DH~
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My fiancee is leaving December 11th for deployment to Afganiston. We have been together for over three years and we plan on getting married when he returns. This is his first deployment and he just completed Basic and AIT last year. I feel like I have barely seen him for the last year and a half and now I will not see him for nine months. I just joined this sight today and I feel like my friends and family at home have troubles relating to me. My fiancee is in Texas right now for pre-deployment training and I am in Pennsylvania so it has been tough. I was wondering if any of you have any advice to offer to me to keep me distracted until he comes home. I also can try to help anyone out who is feeling sad too.
  6. Regular Member
    Hey everyone! Name's Ashley and this is my first deployment...my boyfriend left December 1st for Egypt for a year...we haven't been together long and still really getting to know each other but it would be great to know more people that are in the situation
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by margot651651 View Post
    My fiancee is leaving December 11th for deployment to Afganiston. We have been together for over three years and we plan on getting married when he returns. This is his first deployment and he just completed Basic and AIT last year. I feel like I have barely seen him for the last year and a half and now I will not see him for nine months. I just joined this sight today and I feel like my friends and family at home have troubles relating to me. My fiancee is in Texas right now for pre-deployment training and I am in Pennsylvania so it has been tough. I was wondering if any of you have any advice to offer to me to keep me distracted until he comes home. I also can try to help anyone out who is feeling sad too.
    Just a heads up you cannot give an exact date its an OPSEC violation and I'm pretty sure its also a Terms of Use violation for this site. You can give a date after he leaves.

8. Senior Member
    So it turns out I was not a December Deployment but we were close. I just wanted to offer you all a little support. I know that the last few weeks leading up to him leaving are hard. Your mind in racing with negative thoughts. I was lucky and I had someone already in it tell me to enjoy the time you have left with him. Good Luck Ladies

9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused Just Left!

Hi I'm Amanda...
    My husband just left for our 2nd deployment! This deployment is expected to be a little shorter than his last, it gives me a glimpse of something to be grateful for! I've found myself on an emotional roller coaster lately.. not sure if it's lack of sleep or not having him to confide in! I'm here to help if anyone wants to talk!! Like I've said to a few of my friends.. "No one knows what we go through while they're away, except those who are going through it themselves!" <3
  10. dcusaf23
    dcusaf23
    Hello everyone!! I'm Lindsay! I'm gonna join in on this group. My husband just left for his deployment about a week ago & things are starting to get a bit easier, but I still have my days & I know I'm going to for a while. I also think the worst possible thoughts it my head, so I'm trying to get over that, also. If anyone ever needs to talk, feel free to PM me!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast