Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Is it over yet?!

1. Regular Member

Is it over yet?!

Advertisements
    I don't know if anyone is in the same boat but I'm hoping so! My sailor and I met a little over a month ago. We really hit it off but unfortunately he went back to his base in HI a week after we met. So the whole time leading up to his deployment I've gotten used to talking to him day in and day out, returning a bajillion pocket dials, talking for an hour on the one REAL phone call he only makes because he likes my voice (he hates phone calls lol) and getting silly pictures. It's been... 4 days since he shipped out and it feels like a lifetime. We don't have a lot of time under our belt and I hate that I don't have the sentimental items a lot of you girls have (pictures together ect) but getting that first email from him made me sure I could do this.

He's totally worth it regardless of how it works out but what I wouldn't do to have him home! Anyone else in the new relationship/new to military life/1st deployment/ldr suck-fest?? Just some reassurance and helpful hints would be nice....and someone to talk to at 4 am while I'm still waiting to hear something, anything! I've gotten some emails and I know he's busy but the silence worries and me :/

Hope to hear from you and best wishes to all!~

Vada

ps. Deployment sucks
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The advice I have is likely the last thing you want to hear, but here it goes - STOP living your life waiting to hear from him. You will drive yourself crazy, be miserable, miss out on living your life and, in the end, quite likely end up resenting him/the relationship which is not going to help you move forward in building this new relationship. A watched pot never boils - it's true of staring at an e-mail inbox, a cell phone, the mailbox, etc. I know this goes against everything you feel right now, especially since the relationship is so new and all you want to do at that stage is spend every possible moment together (even if it's only via phone courtesy of LDR). Think of it this way- if you get out and do something new, fun, interesting you will have more to talk to him about when he does call/e-mail.....and the time will pass much faster.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't be feeling a little lost right now - I always allowed myself a couple of days of "wallow time" when my husband first left, but at the end of that time it was "get up and get moving" time. You'll find your footing. You have a whole lot of "new" to be dealing with right now - cut yourself a little slack, be patient and you'll be surprised one of these days when you realize how many weeks have passed and how much closer you are to being back together.
  3. Regular Member
    Thanks. There's always lots to do. My roommate and I have 3 kids between the two of us, both of us are trying to go back to school and I work full time and I help out my parents who are getting pretty sick. I'm a busy girl in general and mostly it works to keep my mind off it but you're right, right now I'm wallowing!