Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Deployed Birthday Woes

1. Banned
    Banned

First Deployed Birthday Woes

Advertisements
    Well, my birthday was last Thursday and I've been really down since. It was the first birthday my DB miss since 4th grade. :/ I kept expecting him to suprise me and show up even though he swore it would be impossible this year. He suprised me two years in a row, saying it was impossible. I can honestly say that this has been the longest 8 days of my entire life. I understand completely but it doesn't change how much it hurts to miss him.

Thing is, I even forgot it was my birthday... Facebook reminded me. I did nothing, no party, no bar, no nothing. Just sat by the phone all day waiting. I need him to get home, it's been 7 months of torture. Thank goodness for facebook chat! I check it every 15 seconds, I've checked it 3x since I started writing this.

He re-enlisted and I joined the USAF last week so it'll be like this for a while. I guess I need to get used to it. Sandbox love never dies, right? I'm done bitching.

XOXO Shawna
  2. Open arms, open heart
    Open arms, open heart
    It's always tough when they miss important days DH missed every one of my birthdays until last year. It stinks. hope you get to hear from him soon!
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Dh missed my birthday about two weeks ago, it was sad, but I am looking forward to next year even more
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I finally heard from him! Ugh! I am going to adapt that mmmtat, I'll look forward to him making it up to mean... Whichmhemhas been purfusely promising for two days. Ha! Idc anymore. It's crazy how frustrated I am and then that 'unavailable' pops up at 3 am and I am right as rain. Ha!