Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad sub wife.

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad sub wife.

Advertisements
    Well, since my hubby is on a sub, I can't say when he left or when he is coming back, what I can say is he is gone. And I am sad. This already feels like one of the longest deployments ever, even though I have done ones that are much longer. But this time it's different, why? Because I am stuck on the tiny island of Guam. Unable to leave. I have 3 kids and even if I was able to get on a space A flight, it would still be very expensive, money we just don't have. We've been here for 18 months and I haven't left once. I'm going a little crazy here. I have basically cut myself off from most of the wives here because I can't get sucked into their drama any longer. The few friends I do have either just had a baby, are about to have a baby and don't have time for me, or they up and got off island for the summer. So, I'm here, all alone, just me and my 3 kids and 3 dogs. The days are just dragging on, I have little to no communication with my husband, I cry myself to sleep many many nights. I just can't seem to get on with things. My husband has been in the Navy for over 12 years now, I've done countless deployments, but this one, is slowly killing me. Plus, on top of all of that, we have no money because we made the awesome mistake of buying a house several years ago in the states and have been unable to sell it and unable to get a responsible renter who takes care of the house and actually pays their rent. So, life pretty much sucks right now, no friends, no family, no husband, no money. I love my kids, they brighten my day, but at the same time, they are driving me bonkers. I have been homeschooling them, but lately I've been thinking I should just put them back in school so I can get a break and take a little pressure off myself. Then when I told them I was thinking about putting them back in school, they all cried, then I felt guilty and cried too.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I'm a homeschooling mom too. I wouldn't hesitate putting them back in school, it sounds like you have your hands full and it would be good for all of you... There is absolutely no shame in it. It would be an adjustment for them, but they are children, and they are resilient.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm in Guam and my husband is also gone. We moved from Hawaii in the spring so we went from a little island to a microscopic island and plane tickets are beyond obscene to get off here I have a toddler but we're always trying to do stuff and I'd love to make some new friends since, like you, the few I have are about to have or just had a baby and I don't really hang around with the bulk of the boat wives because of the drama. Feel free to PM me, I'm pretty much always around, especially lately with DH gone.
  4. Senior Member
    I don't have any advice, but I will be thinking about you
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Regardless of your faith... please read this book! Such an easy read... So good I read it in a day! Couldn't put it down! Max Lucado's "Cure for the Common Life" it will turn your world around! I promise, dear!

Xoxo
    Samantha
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I'm a homeschooling mom too. I wouldn't hesitate putting them back in school, it sounds like you have your hands full and it would be good for all of you... There is absolutely no shame in it. It would be an adjustment for them, but they are children, and they are resilient.
    This is so true, I discussed it again with the kids today. We made a list of all the good things about going back to school. Now they are excited, we're going school shopping tomorrow. This is going to take a lot of pressure off me. I feel like I'm doing everything for everyone and forgetting about me. I'll still have 1 at home, she's not old enough to go to school yet. I need to heal a little bit and find some happiness, I'm just so tired of being sad all the time. It's not healthy for me or my kids.
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by luvsmyhubs View Post
    This is so true, I discussed it again with the kids today. We made a list of all the good things about going back to school. Now they are excited, we're going school shopping tomorrow. This is going to take a lot of pressure off me. I feel like I'm doing everything for everyone and forgetting about me. I'll still have 1 at home, she's not old enough to go to school yet. I need to heal a little bit and find some happiness, I'm just so tired of being sad all the time. It's not healthy for me or my kids.
    fantastic! How old is your youngest child?
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    fantastic! How old is your youngest child?
    She just turned 3. My boys are 5 and 9.
  9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by luvsmyhubs View Post
    She just turned 3. My boys are 5 and 9.
    Not sure what your dh rank is, but there is Head start on base for age 4+. Eligibility is based on income.

MOPS is also available: Mothers of Preschoolers reach out

Check Facebook and see if there is a local fb page. There should be playgroups available on base too.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Not sure what your dh rank is, but there is Head start on base for age 4+. Eligibility is based on income.

MOPS is also available: Mothers of Preschoolers reach out

Check Facebook and see if there is a local fb page. There should be playgroups available on base too.
    There is a program on base. It's not income based, it's at McCool. My son attended there 4 year old program last year. And as far as MOPS and playgroups on base go. No thank you. I tried all of those when we first moved here, I also got really involved in the FRG, all that happened is I found out how mean and nasty some military wives can be. I've been stabbed in the back and canceled on too many times to count anymore. I need a fresh start. I just can't seem to get out of this sad phase I'm in right now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast