Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DB is deployed and feeling unappreciated at the moment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

DB is deployed and feeling unappreciated at the moment

Advertisements
    Hey everyone, nice to meet you all! I'm a newbie at this... but i guess i'll just jump into my story. My DB is currently deployed to Afghanistan, he has been gone for 2 months, so 7 months more to go!I have written him about 2 letters every week since he has left I love writing him it's a great escape. He gets on Facebook quite a bit and we chatted on there a few times but recently he hasn't been writing me back He hasn't written his sister back either :/ I don't know what's going on... It's really getting to me though, i thought maybe he was just on a long mission and didn't have time to get online, but he has seen the past 3 messages I've sent him and no reply. He has written letters, but the post office is on another base out there... so not sure if he has gotten the chance to mail them out yet. I'm just totally, and completely bummed right now.. Any advice?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    My best advice is try to have patience. He could just be so tired that all he wants to do is sleep. Try and focus on other things
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    He's most likely just busy & doesn't have the time to respond. Just be patient.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessym View Post
    My best advice is try to have patience. He could just be so tired that all he wants to do is sleep. Try and focus on other things

Sometimes my DH would read my emails, but not respond, because he just wasn't in the frame of mind where he could send a heartfelt serious message to me. But once he got out of his funk he would write me back ... give him some time and I hope you hear from him soon.
  5. Senior Member
    I hope that you hear from your DB soon. I wouldn't feel down about not hearing from your DB. I know when DF was deployed I didn't hear from him that must. He would read my e-mails or messages but just be to tired to even have any energy to write me back. He did say that reading my e-mails put a smile on my face fo the times he couldn't talk to me. Just keep doing what your doing I am sure he apprecriates every e-mail, message, and letter he receives from you. Stay strong!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Just be patient and shift your attention to something else.
  7. Senior Member

Unfortunately, this happens to be a very common trend during this crappy delpoyment to "douchebagistan". The comms over there suck and from what I understand from DB, things are VERY busy and they are VERY tired. Also, I second what was said about them not be able to send a heart felt message. I often have to remind myself that he is in the middle of a war and is "military DB" right now. Hang in there!!! He will contact you when he is able.
  8. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

that's super frustrating and I totally 100% get it. DF rarely if ever emails be back, even though I know he reads them.

Just be patient...they are super duper busy over there right now and our communication has taken a back seat the past few weeks too. You've got this deployment.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

9. JT8
    Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well I have a little bit different situation. DH loves to get letters but! He has never sent me one. I dont really care about letters since we msg on FB.
    And I had the situation when he gets online, read my msgs and DONT reply though he posted smth on his page. And I was getting mad, upset etc. He says he usually gets on read msgs and log out and then when he has time he gets on and reply. Makes no sense. I usually reply right away. We had argument about this a few times and now he replies right away. So what I`ve learned to always let him know how I feel. I have told him even if he runs away on a mission and no time for chat, just leave me two words saying ur ok so I at least dont worry. Id advice you to ask him why he has read msgs and hasnt replied back. Tell him that you`re worrying about him.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you all so much!! I'm glad I'm not the only one going through something like this, its definitely reassuring knowing that someone knows exactly how you're feeling. I actually just heard from DB, twice! learning patience is key, gotta work on that more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast