Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st deployment. Looking for someone in the same situation

1. JT8
    Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Neutral 1st deployment. Looking for someone in the same situation

Advertisements
    Hi! Im SC NG wife. We`re going through our 1st deployment. And we`re only 2 months down. It was ok but I really started worrying cause of the last news about Middle East and the situation in Syria. He is in Kuwait right now. I worry cause smth is going on and well I stay busy but I can`t stop think about everything lately. I`d love to find another spouses who are going through the same stuff. I just need someone who understands.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi, I am feeling the same kind of stress, fear and helpless feelings. Mine is not able to tell me where he is depl;oyed to right now, so I so get hearing news and hoping it isn't about him or his men no matter the country. I would love to hear his voice, he is my last thought and my first thought in the morning! I am keeping busy it just doesnt get the thoughts of my man.
  3. Senior Member
    I'm thinking I will be feeling this soon. My DB just left last week, and I don't know where he is or where he's going. In fact, I am jealous that you are already 2 months in! I'm sure when it started you couldn't imagine it being July without him but here you are! I hope you find some peace in all of the turmoil!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am 3 weeks into my first deployment. We have been together for almost a year. My DB is in the Navy. I have no idea where he is. The emails stopped about a week ago. I probably won't get one for at least another month I am told. I am trying to learn how to live without him. I have a big decision coming up and need his help on it. I have to learn though that if I am going to spend the rest of my life with him, there are going to be times where I have to make tough decisions on my own. The main problem I am facing is the mental battle deployments play on you. I am trying to snugg out irrational thoughts about negative things like, "will he still love me when he returns", or "will we even know who each other is when he returns." this is the longest I have ever gone without speaking to him and I am in agony. I had a good cry this morning which really helped though!

We can do this ladies! We just have to stick together and keep our men and eachother in our prayers! Our men our worth it!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I hear waking with fears, I woke this morning to a noise my 1st reaction was to yell for my DF then it hit me hard that he was not home! Put my big girl panties on checked out the house and went back to bed! Lol! My daughter made a welcome home poster the night he left it has been on my wall for a month tomorrow, look forward to him seeing it soon! Saw him the 8th last phone call was the 9th. Seems like forever ago. My prayers to the fates of all of our dear ones!
  6. JT8
    Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Im much better since I found this web site and I hang out in Homecoming posts cause I prefer to think about this big event which is not that far away!
  7. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

DF left in September for Afghanistan and it DOES get better ladies! You'll get a routine. You'll get used to thinking about him all the time, even though he isn't here or in contact very often. You'll learn to keep busy and not to dwell (all the time; you'll probably have bad days and that's OK!). You'll learn so so so much about yourselves and your relationships during this time!

As for whether he'll still love you when he gets back (I forgot to quote you, sorry! ) I had the same fears before he came home for R&R in January. Worry away, but the SECOND you're back in their arms, all the worry, the stress, the fears, the what if's are GONE.

Feel free to PM me anytime. You've got this. All of you!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You came to the right place! I hope you can find some peace
  9. heart broken
    heart broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Luz*de*su*Vida View Post
    DF left in September for Afghanistan and it DOES get better ladies! You'll get a routine. You'll get used to thinking about him all the time, even though he isn't here or in contact very often. You'll learn to keep busy and not to dwell (all the time; you'll probably have bad days and that's OK!). You'll learn so so so much about yourselves and your relationships during this time!

As for whether he'll still love you when he gets back (I forgot to quote you, sorry! ) I had the same fears before he came home for R&R in January. Worry away, but the SECOND you're back in their arms, all the worry, the stress, the fears, the what if's are GONE.

Feel free to PM me anytime. You've got this. All of you!
    Your soo positive . I enjoy your post they really help. Thank You for Your wisdom ....
    Jen2407 and Haley88 are the best wifeys

Haley88 is my divaness twin
  10. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by proudarmygrlfrnd View Post
    Your soo positive . I enjoy your post they really help. Thank You for Your wisdom ....
    Thanks I'm glad I can help. I had some awesome wisdom when I first started this deployment from others who were going through it
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast