Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Experienced Norfolk Homecoming Women!

1. Senior Member

ATTN: Experienced Norfolk Homecoming Women!

Advertisements
    I was wondering if anyone could give me a run-down of what a Norfolk, VA homecoming is really like! The other day I heard that there are thousands of people waiting for the sailors! What do you do??? Do you park far away, and then wait in the parking lot.... or... what? How do you find your sailor? Do they let them off the ship in a certain order??? Any info?? Thanks ladies!!
  2. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    When the ship comes home it depends on what day of the week it is for where you have to park. If it is a weekday you have to park far away and walk but it does not tend to be too bad on the weekends (mind you there is still some walking involved) As for the number of people that come. If it is for a carrier there are going to be thousands. If your sailor has a phone they can call you on your cell phone and you can find a way to meet up. If not it might be wise to have a meeting spot. As for the way they get off the ship. They have first hug/first kiss, then they have the new dads, then officers, E8 then E7, E6, E5, E4, and last but not least E3 and below. Expect to be there a while. Just always to remember to be prepaired for any weather. It is colder on the water than it is out in town. So if your DH is coming home in the winter wear worm clothes. Yes it is nice to look fancy but you will freeze!! The last thing you want is to get sick right after he gets home. Hope this helps!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  3. Senior Member
    That was helpful, thanks! He's coming in on the Enterprise into the Norfolk, VA port.... If that makes a difference.
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    My DH is comeing home on the Big E also!!! I cannot wait!!! Yeah DRESS WARM!!! LOL!!! We are almost done!!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    who are the first hug/first kiss people? they let those people off first? are those like, the ones who have never been out before? don't quite understand that part.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  6. Senior Member
    oohh noooo... what am i gonna wear??? J keeps asking me to wear a skirt or dress or something! I'm sooo not gonna look sexy! hahaha
  7. Senior Member
    I think for the first hug/kiss, you have to win a raffle or something, and if you win, your sailor gets to get off the ship first and hug/kiss you
  8. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Yeah First hug first kiss you have to buy a ticket and they draw it I think it will be on November 7th that they are making the drawing. It will be at the support meeting. As for the dress. won't your legs FREEZE!!?? My DH wanted me to wear a dress and when he relized when they were comeing home he changed his mind really quick!!!! He did not want me grumpy from being cold!! LOL
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  9. Senior Member
    yeeaaahhh... I don't think I'm going to wear a dress! He's gonna be so bummed! I have to find something else that's really good to wear instead. Poor guy, gone for months, all he wants is to see me in a dress. hehehe... I'm sure he'll get over that real quick
  10. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    My DH did I told him I would wear tight jeans insted and he said he was ready to drool. I don't think he is really going to relize what I have on. The only thing he is interested in is how quickly we can get home!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast