Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Total newbie needs help

1. msw10

Confused Total newbie needs help

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,

I've spent some time looking around the site and everyone seems so helpful, so thought I could try it out for myself. I'm a complete newbie to this whole situation. I just started dating a guy in the Army Reserve in October, and Monday he left for a stint in Kuwait. He was going to be on base for a week before he left, and I haven't heard one word from him all week. Shouldn't he have been able to call or email or mail a letter? I hear about everyone talking to their someone once a week or so, so I'm confused why I haven't heard from my guy and he hasn't even left for overseas yet...I think. Can anyone help me out?
    P.S. This sucks missing him so much :-(
  2. Senior Member
    to SOS ive never gone through a deployment so im no help but i just wanted to say welcome

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    to SOS! I am Kyley Proud wife to KC (USMC) currently deployed to Iraq. You have found a wonderful place for support and fun! I would like to pass on our OPSEC link to you so you can become familiar with our guidelines so you and your service member can remain safe http://militarysos.com/index.php?page=opsec
  4. Lefty80
    Welcome! You will love this place. Everyone is so helpful and undertands what you are going through. My dh is in Iraq also. Don't worry if you haven't heard from him yet. It takes forever for them to get there and get settled.
  5. Senior Member
    to -

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  6. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Yeah, don't worry too much. EVERYONE'S frequency of communication is different. Some people get to talk everyday. I've gone weeks and weeks without anything so try not to get too bummed when you haven't heard from him!
  7. USAF_SF_Wife
    Don't be like me and worry like crazy. My DH left last Wednesday for Iraq and I JUST heard from him today. It was relieving though. You'd be surprised how long it can take for them to get there sometimes though..
  8. Banned
    Banned
    It often takes a while to be able to call out or get any kind of communication to a loved one (or at least, thats what my hubby tells me), so I'm sure he'll be getting a hold of you soon!

Oh, and WELCOME!!!
  9. msw10
    Thank you so much to everyone for your encouraging words. I DID finally hear from him on Sunday, so I was totally relieved. Also got some great news that as of right now they're not sending him overseas, so at least I can try to go visit him sometime over the next 4 months. You gals (and guys) are really great!
  10. sera-jeen
    They can't always tell you when they leave. Mine couldn't reach me for ten days - partly because he went in advance of his squadron and they weren't set up yet.

I'm glad to hear he isn't being sent overseas. If you can see him, take advantage of it!