Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long was it

1. Senior Member

How long was it

Advertisements
    when your DH or DB left for Kuwait/Iraq before you heard from them?
    No more ticker needed.......He's home
  2. Senior Member
    DB took his laptop with him. So I got an email while they waited in the airport in Killeen, Maine, and Ireland. Then I got an email from him the afternoon they landed in Kuwait. I think this is probably an exception, though.
  3. Senior Member

Neener

Yeah, I got a phone call when they were in Bangor, Maine. I think his laptop had to be shipped with his other things. They told him at the last minute that the carry on laptop had to be the Army issue one. He had sent that one several months ago to Iraq and the Army was not impressed when they found out. I think that is why they were such and didn't let him carry his as a carry on.
    No more ticker needed.......He's home
  4. Senior Member
    This 1st time it was almost 5 days till he called (He called when he got to Kuwait) Then during R&R it was 2 days till he called when he was on his way home and about the same when he went back. He called me from Ireland both times and once from Kuwait. It takes some time for them to get from one place to another and they are being shifted all over the place and busy so be patient. I know its nerve racking!! I almost lost it the last time! LOL
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    while df was in kuwait he had his cell phone so we talked ALOT those two weeks. when he left i had his cellphone turned off, he called me right before he got on the plane to head over to iraq. then a few days later he called me to let me know he was safe!
    i can't remember exactly but i think it was two or three days.
    just remember, they get really busy...your s/o is having to get moved into where he is living, get all of his stuff, and get settled in.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed

5 days, he called me for 2 minutes, just to tell me he was there safe.
  7. my heart is home!
    my heart is home!
    db called from maine and then said he'd call me in kuwait if he could, but never did, and it was a week later that i talked to him (valentine's day last year to be exact!) he said they didnt stay in kuwait very long and he didn't have a phone card or minutes or whatever. but i did get an email before i got a phone call, just telling me he was alive!
  8. missing my hun-nii
    missing my hun-nii
    it was 3 days for me. he was in kuwait when he first called if i remembered correctly...and was really short...like less than 5 minutes.
    “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” - Lao Tzu
  9. fridaynightgirl
    Let's see... I think it was about a week. Then, it was a short email saying that he was there safe. I didn't hear from him again for two or three weeks...
  10. Home is where the army sends us
    Home is where the army sends us
    It was like the next day. I missed his call because I wasn't expecting to hear from him yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast